Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not great at chatting but if you want to I'm here too

(Original post by Thomb)
    I'm alone in the world too. What movies do you like? I went to see an opera not long ago can't remember the name and it was about a woman who's brother comes back to save her.
    sorry you're alone, I like movies like warrior, prisoners, exam, usually mystery thriller types

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sorry you're alone, I like movies like warrior, prisoners, exam, usually mystery thriller types
    Sounds cool. My problem is I'm mentally ill and a bit reclusive. Why don't you meet people, are you shy?

(Original post by Blondie987)
    I'm not great at chatting but if you want to I'm here too
    oh thank you I really appreciate it, umm this might sound bad but I kinda find it hard to talk to women, I'm sorry I have issues

ReputationRep:
    oh thank you I really appreciate it, umm this might sound bad but I kinda find it hard to talk to women, I'm sorry I have issues
    Dw, I'm pretty socially awkward lol, it's just on tsr so less pressure anyway, loads of people are in the same position, especially on here haha

(Original post by Thomb)
    Sounds cool. My problem is I'm mentally ill and a bit reclusive. Why don't you meet people, are you shy?
    pretty much yeah, I like to get to know people but I cant really get a conversation going or I just clam up get nervous lose all confidence.

ReputationRep:
    pretty much yeah, I like to get to know people but I cant really get a conversation going or I just clam up get nervous lose all confidence.
    I feel the same and now on top of that I'm reclusive. I wish I could drive then I could go somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    oh I'm sorry, feel kinda selfish now
    Whyyyyy?

Dw, I'm pretty socially awkward lol, it's just on tsr so less pressure anyway, loads of people are in the same position, especially on here haha
    thanks , I would give you rep but I don't know how to lol

ReputationRep:
    I understand that each individual has to try and overcome their depression (I assume you have it or are you just using depressed as a synonym for like deep sadness?) in different ways but, from my own perspective, you really need to try and stop with the self-pity and just stand up.

I recently fell back into negative thinking and a brief period of depression and the only way I can get out of it is by trying to be the most positive mother ****er I can. Every morning I get up and say 'today is a great day' and I repeat this 30 times a day, I try and find fun in absolutely everything and I will not pay attention to negative thoughts as I'm aware they're not true. I make everything so ****ing positive (well I could do better xD) and really try to see the fun in everything.

I'm not going to say that happiness is a choice, but certainly trying to think more positively is. You need to remove the self-pity and actually take a stand for yourself and say "no, I'm not gonna be bossed around by these *****y, untruthful emotions anymore" and fight back as hard as you ****ing can.

It's difficult as hell but it is so, so worth it.

These comments from a Reddit thread might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...nd_you/cg2dua9

ReputationRep:
    thanks , I would give you rep but I don't know how to lol
    It's ok, if you want to know for future, it's the little green plus at the bottom but it'll show up your username on my notifications so if you want to remain anonymous, probably best not to

What kind of music do you like?

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Whyyyyy?
    I thought you were upset and I was thinking about myself

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were upset and I was thinking about myself
    No, actually I was thinking about myself.

If you want someone to talk too you can PM me if you like. Although replies maybe slow because i have so much revision to do!

It's ok, if you want to know for future, it's the little green plus at the bottom but it'll show up your username on my notifications so if you want to remain anonymous, probably best not to

What kind of music do you like?
    oh good to know thanks

I usually listen to rnb style I always listen to music haha
    right now listening to Eminem, mike posner I took a pill, all my friends snakehips,justin timberlake...just a lot to list

oh and I just recently started to listen to Robbie Williams shes the one again, like I cant stop

what about you?

ReputationRep:
    oh good to know thanks

I usually listen to rnb style I always listen to music haha
    right now listening to Eminem, mike posner I took a pill, all my friends snakehips,justin timberlake...just a lot to list

oh and I just recently started to listen to Robbie Williams shes the one again, like I cant stop

what about you?
    No problem , I have pretty eclectic music tastes but I mainly like rock, so Queen, P!atd, the clash stuff like that

What's your biggest aspiration?

No, actually I was thinking about myself.

If you want someone to talk too you can PM me if you like. Although replies maybe slow because i have so much revision to do!
    oh that's ok then I wouldn't want to bother you but thank you means a lot, I hope you do well

ReputationRep:
    oh that's ok then I wouldn't want to bother you but thank you means a lot, I hope you do well
    No your not bothering me at all! I don't mind I've been feeling down (then up randomly) then down again...with very few humans to talk too, so I understand!

Honestly feel free to PM me

No problem , I have pretty eclectic music tastes but I mainly like rock, so Queen, P!atd, the clash stuff like that

What's your biggest aspiration?
    you mean like my biggest goal? well tbh I thought I already had all I wanted when I was with my ex, it was literally the best year of my life but then we had an argument and it all went bust, since then I started to have anxiety issues and I cant really talk to women properly , my biggest goal is to meet my soulmate and make someone happy everyday of their life ....lol guess ill be waiting some time

No your not bothering me at all! I don't mind I've been feeling down (then up randomly) then down again...with very few humans to talk too, so I understand!

Honestly feel free to PM me
    oh thanks, I don't know how to pm anonymously

ReputationRep:
    you mean like my biggest goal? well tbh I thought I already had all I wanted when I was with my ex, it was literally the best year of my life but then we had an argument and it all went bust, since then I started to have anxiety issues and I cant really talk to women properly , my biggest goal is to meet my soulmate and make someone happy everyday of their life ....lol guess ill be waiting some time
    Aw, that's so sweet! As much as it seems difficult now, I'm sure you'll get past this temporary situation, learn from your past relationship and build your confidence to get out there and meet people. You seem like a great guy, you'll find someone amazing soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.