Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to convince someone to wear a dress/ short shorts Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)

Lmaoo the chances of you coming back with an intelligent statement were 0 tbh based on your first post in the thread. I should've known
    This thread does not warrant an intelligent answer...therefore your statement/opinion is invalid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    But it's not your body so you have no say.
    He can express what opinion he wants, he's allowed a bloody preference ffs people these days

(Original post by SHINee1998)
    Why do you feel it is your place to dictate what she wears? If she isn't comfortable wearing shorts or dresses, then so be it. The end.
    Dictate? He's not f*cking putin. He has a preference, and is wondering if there's a chance she'd agree.

She clearly is comfortable wearing shorts and dresses otherwise how would he know how she looks in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdi112)
    This thread does not warrant an intelligent answer...therefore your statement/opinion is invalid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looool let's explain what you have done.
    1) You formed an opinion on the thread
    2) You used this opinion to invalidate other's opinions
    3) You thought that was a valid argument

:lol: You literally just said "Your opinion is invalid because my opinion is valid because I said so" :lol:

Turn up the heating?

ReputationRep:
    He can express what opinion he wants, he's allowed a bloody preference ffs people these days

Dictate? He's not f*cking putin. He has a preference, and is wondering if there's a chance she'd agree.

She clearly is comfortable wearing shorts and dresses otherwise how would he know how she looks in them
    I get your point, and I think what the others are trying to say is"we're assuming he doesn't know her on a personal level so it would be ****ing creepy if he just walks up to her and says wear shorter clothes"

Jtst trying to make both parties understand each other here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    I get your point, and I think what the others are trying to say is"we're assuming he doesn't know her on a personal level so it would be ****ing creepy if he just walks up to her and says wear shorter clothes"

Jtst trying to make both parties understand each other here
    And once again, society assumes the worst of a man and the innocence of the female.

10/10

I've had a random girl come up to me and say I should wear shorts

I took it as a compliment

ReputationRep:

Aint no1curr about what y'all prefer.

ReputationRep:
    And once again, society assumes the worst of a man and the innocence of the female.

10/10

Meh, I'm surprised that you're surprised.

Like I said I get your point, just felt you guys were arguing over a misunderstanding.

EDIT: and you should take it as a compliment tbh

ReputationRep:

10/10

Or maybe she was hinting that your trousers/pants are too tight for you?

You don't know the persons intention and unless you are close it just comes off as being Pervy or rude.

Today I saw a random dude slap a woman's back in broad daylight in central London....society IS messed up these days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHINee1998)
    Aint no1curr about what y'all prefer.
    Then nobody cares what you prefer, so leave and don't express what you'd prefer

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe she was hinting that your trousers/pants are too tight for you?

You don't know the persons intention and unless you are close it just comes off as being Pervy or rude.

Today I saw a random dude slap a woman's back in broad daylight in central London....society IS messed up these days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope

In your opinion

You just made that up

Isn't it convenient that the social justice warriors are the only people that see these incidents

ReputationRep:
    Nope

In your opinion

You just made that up

Isn't it convenient that the social justice warriors are the only people that see these incidents
    Maybe you shouldn't be locked in your room all day and instead go out and experience the real world

I would probably guess by the way you are talking you don't have any sisters otherwise you will see at what angle I am coming from

Nope

In your opinion

You just made that up

Are you saying that sexual harassment of women isn't a serious issue?

ReputationRep:
    And this is how abusive relationships start

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, don't worry I want more freedom for everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you saying that sexual harassment of women isn't a serious issue?
    Can you read? Sorry honest question. Just when someone comes out with something as random as that I need to check you're replying to the right post.

Don't seem to remember saying that

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you shouldn't be locked in your room all day and instead go out and experience the real world

I would probably guess by the way you are talking you don't have any sisters otherwise you will see at what angle I am coming from
    5 replies in and yet to give a logical argument, just insults. I'll take that as you conceding

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.