Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedOwl)
    What did you guys put for the "give two other uses of DTP software?"
    I found this question really tricky so I made up some weird stuff like I put leaflets and magazines?? But that's wrong I think it was tickets or something

ReputationRep:
    I also put information and true, And for the DTP one i put sign up forms and leaflets

ReputationRep:
    I always think i've done well in these until i get my results back. Need an A in both units
    to get an A* overall

ReputationRep:
    I put flyers and emails? The wording of the questions just confused me like mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaan_ahmed)
    Same that's what I had put. Hopefully it's correct
    Knowledge and false but I think I'm wrong for the first one

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of tickets! In the end I put a form for fundraising and a catalogue of goods... Fingers crossed. What an awful question.

ReputationRep:
    I put a plan of the setup of stalls and a catalogue price list xD I messed up that question

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think they'd accept PowerPoint and word for the first question? And does anyone know the grade boundaries for last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyeAmber)
    Do you guys think they'd accept PowerPoint and word for the first question? And does anyone know the grade boundaries for last year?
    Don't think so. They always say not to use brands. It was 74 for an A* last year, hopefully lower for us!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they tend to prefer 'technical vocab'. Do you guys take this subject as a p*sstake btw cos at my school we get laughed at for doing a subject which 'isn't real' even our teacher thinks it's a joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demarco101)
    Yeah they tend to prefer 'technical vocab'. Do you guys take this subject as a p*sstake btw cos at my school we get laughed at for doing a subject which 'isn't real' even our teacher thinks it's a joke
    In my school I get laughed at for picking Latin 😂. Lots of people pick IT in mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeezyb)
    In my school I get laughed at for picking Latin 😂. Lots of people pick IT in mine
    You're kidding that's literally hilarious. My school is so academic about half the year do latin or greek. There's 10 of us doing ICT and two dropped out after getting Ds in mocks

ReputationRep:
    You're kidding that's literally hilarious. My school is so academic about half the year do latin or greek. There's 10 of us doing ICT and two dropped out after getting Ds in mocks
    Oh my god what school is this!? Where can I sign up??

ReputationRep:
    There are exactly 6 of us taking Latin in our school and half aren't even doing Latin literature next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeezyb)
    Oh my god what school is this!? Where can I sign up??
    It's pretty great but everyone is so high achieving it hurts, it's a b*tchy all girls school in London

ReputationRep:
    You guys got to choose ICT?? For us it's compulsory 😳😳

ReputationRep:
    You guys got to choose ICT?? For us it's compulsory 😳😳
    It's my biggest regret choosing ict hahah. what have you guys got in your controlled assessments

ReputationRep:
    It's my biggest regret choosing ict hahah. what have you guys got in your controlled assessments
    I got full marks thank god! So even if I mess up this test there's still a chance I'll get an a*

ReputationRep:
    I got full marks thank god! So even if I mess up this test there's still a chance I'll get an a*
    Ugh i'm so jealous, i got 78 on one and 76 on the other

ReputationRep:
    I think I got A's in both of my controlled assessments? And is the 74 for an A* including marks from unit 1 and unit 3 combined together?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.