Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JGang)
    Fair enough, I understand that. However, there is quite a few people who are born into gangs or recruited from a very early age, when they don't fully understand what they're really getting into.
    Then you need too look at the root cause of it and try to tackle it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JGang)
    Do you guys really, genuinely care when you see numerous reports of black youth dying to gang culture on our streets? Be honest. (This is not start a race war, I actually want to know).
    We don't live in the USA, it's not really happening here.

Anyway, I don't care when thugs die, whatever their colour.

ReputationRep:
    @ true detective01 I think you should re-read the thread again 'cause it seems you don't understand

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Clearly this is another one of those "let's all demonise white people" threads. OP if you even think the question needs to be asked then you are the racist one here, not us. It's really sickening just how racist POC are towards us. They get away with it too simply because they're POC. You need a reality check OP.

Personally, I don't care much at all if another human being of any race dies. If I don't know them personally, then it's not my problem unless it impacts my life in some way. Deep down every human being feels this way. It's human nature, only some of us are actually brave enough to openly admit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    We don't live in the USA, it's not really happening here.

Anyway, I don't care when thugs die, whatever their colour.
    Harsh :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prah)
    @ true detective01 I think you should re-read the thread again 'cause it seems you don't understand
    Understand what? What am i missing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed raced.

Ngl, I don't care - as in feel an emotional response - when I see news reports of people dying. Whether this be in a car crash, or in gang related attacks. I realise that there's a problem; that it perpetuates greater societal issues, but it doesn't in any way, shape or form distract from my day. It has nothing to do with creed, colour, gender etc. The truth is, if I don't know the person or someone who knows the person, I'm unlikely to give the issue many passing thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Wow. Clearly this is another one of those "let's all demonise white people" threads. OP if you even think the question needs to be asked then you are the racist one here, not us. It's really sickening just how racist POC are towards us. They get away with it too simply because they're POC. You need a reality check OP..
    Have you finished crying now, or do you still need a minute?

ReputationRep:
    I care and everything but I feel disassociated from the issue because its in the USA and because its a black issue. I feel like its not going to happen to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.