Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    Hiya, just wondering why you say to decide between agree or disagree for the B type questions? We were always told it was best to do a point for and a point against, and declare that you have 'mixed feelings'? Obviously for D style questions you should just choose whichever opinion you have a point for first, but I thought it was acceptable to be undecided in B questions?
    You're actually right. I checked the 2015 examiner report and yes you can give 2 opposing opinions but you have to state it like you said by saying 'mixed feelings' or 'I partially agree but partially disagree'. I'm not sure what my teacher was talking about tbh, carry on how you normally do it

(Original post by mrpaper)
    From what I understand:if a question asks you
    'Do you think a religious upbringing leads to belief in God?' then you must agree with both points or disagree with both.You cannot agree and disagree. You must choose one side of the argument. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is what I thought, but according to examiners reports you're allowed to do it. It's quite good to know though because if you can't think of 2 reasons for or against then you've got more options I guess as your answers don't have to be truthful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    You're actually right. I checked the 2015 examiner report and yes you can give 2 opposing opinions but you have to state it like you said by saying 'mixed feelings' or 'I partially agree but partially disagree'. I'm not sure what my teacher was talking about tbh, carry on how you normally do it

This is what I thought, but according to examiners reports you're allowed to do it. It's quite good to know though because if you can't think of 2 reasons for or against then you've got more options I guess as your answers don't have to be truthful...
    If this is true and we are able to have mixed decisions then this makes the B questions just a whole lot more easier.

I'll do a bit of research into this once I finish the first topic.

Also, does someone mind helping me with the C questions.
    Is it true, if for example the question was 'Explain why unanswered prayers may lead some people to reject belief in God' you can write about omni-potent, omni-scient and omnibenovelent then explain that why people would reject belief in God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrpaper)
    From what I understand:

if a question asks you 'Do you think a religious upbringing leads to belief in God?' then you must agree with both points or disagree with both.

You cannot agree and disagree. You must choose one side of the argument.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)

Phew, thanks - I had a look myself and people were saying only choose for and against so I was panicking a bit, but I'll trust the mark scheme! Yeah, I almost always do one point for and one point against in my B style answers because those are usually the first two points I can think of, and then I'm certain I haven't put the same point down twice but worded differently.

Thanks for looking it up, I hope it helps in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    Phew, thanks - I had a look myself and people were saying only choose for and against so I was panicking a bit, but I'll trust the mark scheme! Yeah, I almost always do one point for and one point against in my B style answers because those are usually the first two points I can think of, and then I'm certain I haven't put the same point down twice but worded differently.

Thanks for looking it up, I hope it helps in the exam
    I read a few examiner reports and it seems you are allowed to have mixed decisions for the B question as long as you clearly state that you are having a mixed decision by saying something like 'I partially agree and partially disagree'.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

If in the exam tomorrow there was a question like
    'Do you think there is a life after death? Give two reasons for your point of view.' (4 marks)
    Are you allowed to refer to religion?

Also can someone give me a example answer for this.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.