Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

F1: Spanish Grand Prix Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legen-daryklutz)
    So curious!!!! N there goes Nikki Lauda. Really hope Crofty n Brundle are wrong about the outcome being that Merc won't let them race anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd like to see them try tbh. Neither will back off and allow the other easy victories...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I'd like to see them try tbh. Neither will back off and allow the other easy victories...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True that. Thank God

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a 3 stop for Ricciardo trying to avoid Ferrari undercut...

ReputationRep:
    Red bull covering both 2 and 3 stop strategy?

ReputationRep:
    Verstappen looks like he's on the 2 stop

Come out if the pits behind a Manor though ffs.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    First time I've seen Gutierrez pull off some slick moves

ReputationRep:
    "I know he think he's fast but he's not." Button is such a legend😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want max to hold on for the win but reckon kimi will get past eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vettel has turned into a whiny little *****.

ReputationRep:
    What is Vettel complaining about? That was a total legit move. As many have said before, if you're not going for a gap, you're not a racing driver.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is going on with verstappen?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedOwl)
    What is going on with verstappen?!?!?!
    He's being awesome.

Still looking good for the win in his first race in the red bull!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kyvat wanting to get himself fired because that's how you get yourself fired...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ricciardo! ****! That is a well shame!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Kyvat wanting to get himself fired because that's how you get yourself fired...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Especially if Ricciardos puncture was because of him. Didn't see any contact though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legen-daryklutz)
    Especially if Ricciardos puncture was because of him. Didn't see any contact though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't see contact so not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Max!!!!

Youngest winner ever by a long way! Record that will probably never be broken due to super license rules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Max!

What a result for him!

I thought I'd chip in to the Ros-Ham collision. I believe Rosberg's car is harvesting energy for the battery because he lifted off sufficiently. When charging the battery, it is far more efficient to charge it on the overrun (when power demand from the driver drops off faster than the engine friction can slow the engine rotation). In an ordinary car, this usually happens when you lift off a lot, but F1 engines have significantly lower friction, so a small lift off is enough for the ECU to then decide it's efficient to charge the batteries. Obviously, the driver can also control how aggressively harvesting takes place and this manifest itself in a speed delta between aggressive harvesting and non-aggressive harvesting. This suggests the drivers were in different harvesting modes at the same point on the track. Unless we know where the harvesting switch is on the drivers wheel or have access to telemetry, we won't know for sure, but if this is the case, the team will already know.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Like_A_G6)
    Congrats Max!

What a result for him!

I thought I'd chip in to the Ros-Ham collision. I believe Rosberg's car is harvesting energy for the battery because he lifted off sufficiently. When charging the battery, it is far more efficient to charge it on the overrun (when power demand from the driver drops off faster than the engine friction can slow the engine rotation). In an ordinary car, this usually happens when you lift off a lot, but F1 engines have significantly lower friction, so a small lift off is enough for the ECU to then decide it's efficient to charge the batteries. Obviously, the driver can also control how aggressively harvesting takes place and this manifest itself in a speed delta between aggressive harvesting and non-aggressive harvesting. This suggests the drivers were in different harvesting modes at the same point on the track. Unless we know where the harvesting switch is on the drivers wheel or have access to telemetry, we won't know for sure, but if this is the case, the team will already know.
    Yeah I watched the analysis by Ant Davidson too, definitely harvesting to factor into the collision. Rosberg moved over quite sharply imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Yeah I watched the analysis by Ant Davidson too, definitely harvesting to factor into the collision. Rosberg moved over quite sharply imo
    Yep, too aggressive although he won't (and shouldn't for consistency) be punished for that. It was the same as when JB moved over to cover LH in Canada 2011 when they collided. Both knew Hamilton was coming, but misjudged the rate at which he was closing in as they saw him too late (JB vision restricted by spray, and NR was probably covering but also looking at his steering wheel).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.