Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Organic Flow)
    Help I have two calculators and one keeps on running out but they look the same so I don't know which one it is. I want to bring them both into my exam tomorrow but my pencil case is too small what do I do?
    Put a label on one so you can identify which one it is? Sure everyones said that.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by samb1234)
    We were told by our exams officer that as of mid way through last years exam period you are only allowed one calculator for edexcel at least. They rang up several times and that is clearly their interpretation, tagging some people that might be able to clear it up as can't find anything online so best to get some people to clarify (jneill can you tag the other exams officers please i can't remember all of them)
    Also tagging: Muttley79 and gdunne42 on the issue of not being allowed to bring two calculators into exams.

ReputationRep:
    Don't need to be in yo pencilcase.

I literally only take a pencil, pen, eraser and calculator - I don't take a pencilcase in in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    No there is no time to get another one
    The calculator doesn't need to be in the pencil case, just carry one in your hands

Edit: Also, if you do only take one and it is the one that keeps running out, you can always just get another one from the exam invigilators, they have to have a load with them!

ReputationRep:
    Help I have two calculators and one keeps on running out but they look the same so I don't know which one it is. I want to bring them both into my exam tomorrow but my pencil case is too small what do I do?
    Use your pockets. You don't need a pencil case.

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    in all exams? eg I have OCR core 2 As in a few weeks and I think I can bring graphics and usual calc??
    You're only allowed one calculator now
    I know last year we were allowed to take 2, which helps with stats. It probably hasn't changed but someone who knows for sure will reply.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Organic Flow;64813829]Help I have two calculators and one keeps on running out but they look the same so I don't know which one it is. I want to bring them both into my exam tomorrow but my pencil case is too small what do I do?[/QUYou can just hold it and place it on your desk
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    We were told by our exams officer that as of mid way through last years exam period you are only allowed one calculator for edexcel at least. They rang up several times and that is clearly their interpretation, tagging some people that might be able to clear it up as can't find anything online so best to get some people to clarify (jneill can you tag the other exams officers please i can't remember all of them)
    If this is the case, then surely some common sense applies.

1. If one of them keeps running out (assume thats out of power), then tag it and take the other one.

2. If for some reason they need the one that runs out, then have a word woth the exam officer or inviglator and explain the problem. they will either let you have two or they cna keep the 2nd one and swap it for you if it runs out.

3. Alternatively borrow one. The op could have obtained a new one yesterday. Even supermakrets sell scientific ones these days.

I cant see why it has to be called a crisis.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of this rule - take them both in.

A 'pencil case' has to be see through and you can carry in your calculator in your hand or pocket.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.