Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    do you think we will be looking at low grade boundaries?
    Hopefully! Everyone at my school seems to think the course is really hard, in terms of context and exam style, and I got to a pretty good school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warehlizzi)
    Hopefully! Everyone at my school seems to think the course is really hard, in terms of context and exam style, and I got to a pretty good school
    I go to quite a good school as well and people there find them hard. Fingers crossed. Even then, I highly doubt 60% is going to get me an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angellll)
    I go to quite a good school as well and people there find them hard. Fingers crossed. Even then, I highly doubt 60% is going to get me an A.
    have aqa released any grade boundaries for the spec paper?

ReputationRep:
    The spec paper was very difficult! Really hope it's not as challenging in the exam- fingers crossed ay 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    have aqa released any grade boundaries for the spec paper?
    Not that I know of.

ReputationRep:
    Why is nobody posting anything! The exams on friday!! I need predictions... Please??

ReputationRep:
    I found the specimen papers easy but for some reason I'm still scared...

ReputationRep:
    What marks did you guys get on the specimen paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    58 on paper 1 and 45 on paper 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    45 on the first
    56 on the second

ReputationRep:
    what topics are on paper 1

ReputationRep:
    Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
    1: Atomic Structure
    2: Amount of Sunstance
    3: Bonding
    4: Energetics
    6: Equilibrium
    7: Redox
    8: Periodicity
    9: Group 2
    10: Group 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBMFM99)
    45 on the first
    56 on the second
    So its fair to say that those were very hard? Im hoping they are made much easier for the real thing because if theyre anything like those Im going to do really badly

ReputationRep:
    66/80 on first one and something like 48 on the second lol, i know i need more work on organic.

ReputationRep:
    Not even that hard, i dont know what people find that difficult about inorganic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    So its fair to say that those were very hard? Im hoping they are made much easier for the real thing because if theyre anything like those Im going to do really badly
    I hope so too! If they're similar difficulties though, the grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBMFM99)
    I hope so too! If they're similar difficulties though, the grade boundaries will be low
    Honestly I don't think the paper tomorrow will be as hard as the specimen papers because the physics exam wasn't as hard as the specimen papers and that is new spec aswell so maybe AQA are going to be slightly generous, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riyadhussain123)
    Honestly I don't think the paper tomorrow will be as hard as the specimen papers because the physics exam wasn't as hard as the specimen papers and that is new spec aswell so maybe AQA are going to be slightly generous, hopefully
    Yeah, fingers crosses but I am expecting a lot of maths on it and hopefully there wont be a tonne of practical questions.

The maths on the specimen papers was somewhat difficult such as that crucible mass one - very confusing for me

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I need help on this equilibrium constant question:
    The reaction for the formation of hydrogen iodide does not go to completion but reaches an equilibrium:
    H2 + I2 <---> 2HI
    A mixture of 1.9mol H2 and 1.9mol I2 was prepared and allowed to reach equilibrium in a closed vessel on 250cm^3 capacity. The resulting equilibrium mixture was found to contain 3.0mol of HI. Calculate Kc.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is how you do it:
    H I HI
    Moles at start: 1.9 1.9 0

[email protected]: (3/2=1.5 so 1.9-1.5=0.4 moles) for both H2 and I2. Since there are 3 moles of HI and the molar ratio is 1:2.

Concentration: (0.4/0.25) = 1.6 - for H2 and I2. 3/0.25= 12 for 2HI.

Kc= (12)2
    (1.6) (1.6)
    Kc= 56.25 dm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.