Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    4/10! Omfg SATs have become so hard. I remember doing them and I am so bloody glad that I had it so much easier than the 11 year olds now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    True. At their age I had no idea what half the terms meant
    I mean I've turned out all right academically so it's not really all that necessary
    Sigh the government's trying to beat other countries academically.
    I'm in year 12 with an A in GCSE English and i have no idea what any of the terms mean, you don't need to know the names for GCSE English, maybe for literature but even so, I got an A without using any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    4/10! Omfg SATs have become so hard. I remember doing them and I am so bloody glad that I had it so much easier than the 11 year olds now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let's be honest, if you learnt this sort of thing in lessons at school you'd know it and it'd be easier, it's the fact that this knowledge is unneeded and stupid that gets me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisClothier)
    I'm in year 12 with an A in GCSE English and i have no idea what any of the terms mean, you don't need to know the names for GCSE English, maybe for literature but even so, I got an A without using any of them.
    Yeah. It's mainly because so many children are flying through their SATs so they need it to be unnecessarily harder so they can see the different abilities more clearly. Thank goodness it wasn't like that when I was sitting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Yeah. It's mainly because so many children are flying through their SATs so they need it to be unnecessarily harder so they can see the different abilities more clearly. Thank goodness it wasn't like that when I was sitting it.
    Even so, i think this would still be easy if you learnt it in lessons at school like they do, it's not exactly difficult after practise

ReputationRep:
    6/10

I remember subordinate clauses (struggled with them all the time) but never heard of subordinating prepositions or relative clauses etc....

ReputationRep:
    9, misclicked on the one I got wrong lol
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    6/10 but most were guesses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisClothier)
    Even so, i think this would still be easy if you learnt it in lessons at school like they do, it's not exactly difficult after practise
    Let's be realistic who actually needs subordinating prepositions or relative clauses etc? I am in year 11 and never heard of most of the stuff in that quiz got 4/10 and I am predicted an A in GCSE English. I feel all this unnecessary learning just builds up pressure on 10/11-year-olds which is absolutely unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I managed to fail most of them and I am year 11 a grade A student in GCSE English . The sats papers are ridiculously hard for 11-year-old kids.
    Theyre not really because they will be taught about them.

That said, what a load of sh-it. Subordinating conjuncture refuncture paradonjonial adjectives my arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Let's be realistic who actually needs subordinating prepositions or relative clauses etc? I am in year 11 and never heard of most of the stuff in that quiz got 4/10 and I am predicted an A in GCSE English. I feel all this unnecessary learning just builds up pressure on 10/11-year-olds which is absolutely unnecessary.
    With you on that! 100%

ReputationRep:
    jeez bourbon does have an effect on the results though

ReputationRep:
    6/10. My sister just did her sats and I swear this kinda stuff doesn't come up. But her sats is harder then when I did mine but not like this. Ill see if i can find any papers she did. I might be wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.