The Student Room Group

How to leave home without parents finding out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HFBS
Last time with the circular argument. A bit nosey is not good reason to let your parents wonder if you are still alive.

OP has not specified a better reason.

Believe it or not she doesnt have to meet your cirteria. just because you wouldnt do it doesnt mean in her situation she might not have good reason to. Its not the sort of decision people make on a whim, so im assuming she has her reasons.

Quite easy for her to leave them an email or send a card every now and then to show them she is sill fine if she wants to. Still doesnt stop her from vanishing for as long as she wants.
Reply 21
Original post by 999tigger
Believe it or not she doesnt have to meet your cirteria. just because you wouldnt do it doesnt mean in her situation she might not have good reason to. Its not the sort of decision people make on a whim, so im assuming she has her reasons.

Quite easy for her to leave them an email or send a card every now and then to show them she is sill fine if she wants to. Still doesnt stop her from vanishing for as long as she wants.

Of course the OP doesn't have to do what you or I or anyone says. But this is a forum and they have appealed for advice. I have given my opinion that leaving as suggested would be childish and heartless based on the information I have been given. Maybe I am just able to see it from the eyes of parents who only seem excessively protective and interested in their child.
It seems like you have no intention of keeping in touch with your parents after you leave, so why not just tell them straight and walk out the door?
The real immaturity here is coming from people judging the OP. An abusive parent situation doesn't cease to be the very day a person legally becomes an adult. It can be much more complex than that.
Original post by Anonymοοse
It seems like you have no intention of keeping in touch with your parents after you leave, so why not just tell them straight and walk out the door?

Because maybe they wont let her go?.

The OP could vanish now, leave them a note to tell them she is safe byt wants to be left alone, get settled in her own life and make contact when she feels she is ready to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending