Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You! I Like You, Here's Why Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Frenchie!

You are ridiculously sweet. You're the kind of sweet that makes threads with positive messages merely to lift the spirits of others, the kind of sweet that is so kind to everyone they come across on here, the kind of sweet that makes people (very much including me!) really enjoy being around you.

As well as this, you're hilarious. And sassy as hell. :laugh: I really admire how you persevere - it takes courage to get back up after you've been knocked down, but that's what you're doing and you're going to do great on your entrance exam because, as well as all this, it's clear you're intelligent, too!

And we can't forget you're absolutely gorgeous. :laugh: And that accent. :love: And it's good having someone else to help to reign GG's ego in. :innocent:
    Awwwww :cry2: too much cuteness and all at once :cry2:

Thanks for all of it, especially the part when you're saying I persevere. It means A LOT you have no idea :heart: . I really needed these kind words, as tomorrow I go to Prague ! The exam is Wednesday tho, and I'll do my best and during it I'll think about what you told me. Thank you so much :lovehug:

Awww ty lovely, I'm sure you're pretty as well :yep: I've never seen you before but now I know that at least you are truly beautiful inside :mmm:

Loooool talking about GG we had a fight last night :lol: and thanks to my sensibility I didn't talk to him since then .. :sad: :innocent:

Best of luck for yoir future, you're gonna make it !! People who realise their dreams are people who are actually crazy enough to follow them, and you are one of those :bunny:

Lovelove :heart:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    let me know when you want me to add you back on the group chat on kik !

(Original post by ihatePE)
    Tu es super cool :yep: you are the reason why I'm gonna pass my french ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Merciiiiii :love:
    I've read that your French exam is tomorrow ? Keep me updated okay ? I know you're gonna be amazing :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to write one about you acupofgreentea because yolo
    And also i don't think I'd ever write one for anyone else :lol:

On numerous occasions since new years, when I've made a dumb thread at stupid o'clock in the morning you've always been there trying to reassure me. Before I'd even spoken to you before and im immensely greatful for that.
    Since then you've become one of my favourite people on and off tsr and I really love speaking to you.
    You've been through a lot and you've not only bounced back, but you've remained as one of the sweetest people you could ever meet and you should be proud of it :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And that's enough moistness for the forseeable future :puke:

(Original post by ihatePE)
    Awww :ahee::mmm:
    You're too kind ^_^ good luck with your hiatus until June! I know you can do it! My gcses start tomorrow with french and bio and I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I speak truth. :mmm:

And yeah, I'm going to need it. :laugh:

And ah, good luck! Are you feeling prepared? :awesome:

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Hi again Cup !
    Ethereal wants to know as well :jive:
    Okay, then, assuming you're seeing this, E:

Where do I start with you? Jesus.

It's so odd looking back on when we first interacted because when we first bonded over Brooklyn Nine Nine, I thought you seemed great, but I had no idea how close we'd get. I don't have a favourable opinion of you because I want to appease you, or I want to suck up to you -- I have a favourable opinion of you because you goddamn deserve it. You are kind, you are hilarious, you are ridiculously intelligent (still scares me sometimes :ninja:) -- I can't list all of the reasons I like you because they'd never end. I like you because you're EW -- because all of those things I like about you add up to make you.

I didn't make a TSR account intending to make the kind of friendships I have, but that's what happened -- you've been a person that I've felt like I could tell things I haven't told most in real life. You've been a friend, although that feels like an understatement.

I love you a lot a lot and regardless of anything else, I'll always be thankful to TSR for the fact it afforded me the opportunity to meet you. :hugs:

(Original post by Thomb)
    I know you don't know me and I don't know you but! Do me!
    Would it surprise you to know you're actually someone very noteable in my mind?

I admire you. The first time I can pinpoint coming across your username was as the OP of your schizophrenia AMA and, since then, I've always noticed you when I've seen you around.

Even though we are living in an age where mental health problems are becoming less stigmatised, it seems to be only a select few. While it be becoming more accepted to talk about illnesses such as depression and anxiety (although by no means easy, and that's not even beginning on the courage it takes a person themselves to talk about it), illnesses like schizophrenia are still viewed in a very negative light.

It results in a lot of misinformation (which, ironically, fuels the negative light) and people like you, regardless of the stigma, talk openly about their diagnosis and what it actually means, are helping break that.

So, that's what I like about you. Your courage. :yep: (Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent there. :laugh:)

(Original post by Davalla)
    There's literally no thread type on TSR that can be done without a thousand clones of it appearing afterwards.
    To be fair, I have planned on doing one of these since seeing FireFreezer's okay. :noway: If I'm a sheep, I would like it noted that I'd be like, the third sheep in intention - and order in intention is everything, I'll have you know. :hand:

I've just realised I don't think we've ever directly interacted (or if we have, it hasn't been much), even though I see you around all the time. Regardless, you're witty. Your commentary has come to be part of what I expect of threads when I click on them now. :laugh: It wouldn't be the same without you. :yep:

(Original post by Ella_08)
    Me!!
    I don't think I remember seeing you around (I'll definitely be on the lookout for you now, though :yep:), but from your past posts, you seem sweet and friendly. :grin: And I think those are two key qualities in being a likeable person, to be honest. :yep:

How are your exams going?

(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Me? :woo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's no better way to break that promise than by doing something to make us happy, so I'm sure you're forgiven for breaking the hiatus. :yep:
    Happily. :yep:

I'll admit that, like a lot of others seemed to, I did originally think you were older (and male :getmecoat:). :laugh: On the age front, I think it's because of how mature you come across. I still can't believe you're as young as you are, to be honest. :eek: And that's definitely a compliment on you. :yep:

You are always so kind and friendly and you're one of those users that I love seeing around and notice when I don't. :hugs: Also, I feel it would be criminal to write this without mentioning how amazing your punning ability is. :eek: The kind of punning ability that makes me spontaneously propose, apparently. :rofl: (And there are very few people I've spontaneously proposed to on TSR, I'll have you know. :noway:) I am in envy and adoration. :hat2:

Also, you didn't kill me, which was nice of you, I guess. :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    And you come up with great reasonings! :laugh: Thank you. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Yo! :grin:

I can wholeheartedly say I liked you from the very first post of yours I saw - it wasn't even something I could specifically put my finger on, I just remember looking at your post and thinking: "I like you." I actually meant to VM you telling you just this, but I don't think I ever actually did. :hmmmm2: (I did follow you, though. ) It's not an opinion that's changed since. :grin: In fact, it's gotten better, if anything - your consistently cheery attitude on threads, your stories and, of course, we can't forget the memes. :laugh: You are a real value to the community and thank you. :hugs:

Also, you have been to some amazing places. :daydreaming:
    Wow that is probably the most uplifting thing someones said to me all weekend.:grin: I was just drowning in revision and the green tea saved me :hugs:Thanks a ton, your cheery attitude is pretty insane too

You are a real value to the community and

You speak for the whole community now? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    acupofgreentea Thanks for that it's cheered me up to think I have a secret admirer.

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiiii!!!
    Thanks for the mention btw!!

ReputationRep:
    Me!

Okay, I must depart for now. Will do more later this evening.

Have a good day, everyone!

ReputationRep:

I don't think I remember seeing you around (I'll definitely be on the lookout for you now, though :yep:), but from your past posts, you seem sweet and friendly. :grin: And I think those are two key qualities in being a likeable person, to be honest. :yep:

How are your exams going?
    Didn't expect you to awh thank you, very kind. You seem lovely too. :wink2: they start on tuesday!! (biology) I have today to revise it all, hoping it goes well :crossedf: I also just want them to be over hahha

how do you feel?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, yes please! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do yo moi ana mee

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

The one key interaction I remember us having is us both breathing a sigh of relief over having finally submitted our UCAS applications - it was great not to feel alone in having left it so late, so thank you for that. :five: How has your application went? Hopefully well? :grin:
    Indeed it was! Thanks for that too, it meant a lot not to be alone in that risky situation!
    My application went well, got all my offers (unconditional, and 2 x conditionals based on providing my certificates, as I'm 19) - but it seemed as if the whole Uni thing wasn't for me. - So currently I'm still in my job, but doing IT-based qualifications in my spare time, then I'll be looking to move forward in my career a bit.

Hopefully I'll find the IT Sector for me, but until then I'll bolster my CV a bit
    __

How about you though? Have all your Uni's responded?

__
    I can't remember us interacting much outside of that, but from what I've seen, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about you, either. You seem down-to-earth and funny, not to mention you've been friendly and easy to talk to when we have spoken. Also, you're an ethical hacker - can't be doing with those unethical hackers, I tell you. :noway:
    I'm glad there's no negative-ness there, I've been a bit naughty as of recent so I'm gladly surprised. :^_^:
    Thanks though, it means a lot!

I could easily say the same about you and more, you're always friendly, and a good laugh. You always help literally anyone, regardless - it doesn't go unnoticed throughout the forum that's for sure.

Also, you're an ethical hacker - can't be doing with those unethical hackers, I tell you. :noway:
    Honestly can't! Damn nuisance the lot of them!

ReputationRep:
    Hello>

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by my thread as well right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I feel like I haven't talked to you enough lately. :sad: But you're brilliant! I still remember us having a massive droolfest over bonbons and other lovely sweets. :love: And we seem to be the only two non-deviants on this damn site, given neither of us realised the connotations of your last username until it was pointed out. :laugh: Shame on them, to be honest. :noway:

I really, really like you. :yep: You're kind but also, you've said things that have really made me laugh. :laugh: I really respect your views on a lot of things and you as a person, to be honest. :yep: You're really enjoyable to talk to and we definitely haven't been talking enough lately. :noway:
    That was so damn sweet. :cry2:

I know it has been ages! I haven't been posting much too so I guess that adds up. I shall be posting more after my exams in July, I will keep a look out for you. :ninja2:

These threads inspire me.

Well done for doing this thread btw, it does take time and effort. :top:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Ix
    Hello Cup :hello:

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen you here till now loooool

ReputationRep:
    Me!
    Not knowing someone makes it even more fun.

ReputationRep:
    Happily. :yep:

I'll admit that, like a lot of others seemed to, I did originally think you were older (and male :getmecoat:). :laugh: On the age front, I think it's because of how mature you come across. I still can't believe you're as young as you are, to be honest. :eek: And that's definitely a compliment on you. :yep:
    Gee, thanks. I honestly didn't expect people to think I was older on here, especially because people in real life think I act (and look :getmecoat:) much younger than I actually am. Either way, thank you again for that! :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    To be fair, I also thought you were male at first.

It might have been the Jeremy Corbyn avatar. :mmm:

You are always so kind and friendly and you're one of those users that I love seeing around and notice when I don't. :hugs: Also, I feel it would be criminal to write this without mentioning how amazing your punning ability is. :eek: The kind of punning ability that makes me spontaneously propose, apparently. :rofl: (And there are very few people I've spontaneously proposed to on TSR, I'll have you know. :noway:) I am in envy and adoration. :hat2:
    I can't forget about how awesome a person you are because of your appreciation for puns. :mmm:

But I'd say that ZuluK's punning ability surpasses mine. By a lot. :adore:

Also, you didn't kill me, which was nice of you, I guess. :laugh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And you come up with great reasonings! :laugh: Thank you. :hat2:
    Even as a mutant-rapey-whatever else- chicken, I remain noble. :mmm:

Seriously, though, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this message! I can tell you right now that you're probably one of the most amazing people ever on here - you've always made great posts and you're one of those people whose posts I'm also very happy to see! I really hope I can get to know you even more soon. :yep: :jumphug:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.