Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't too bad. Did anyone else do the 1st question about exchange rates and the macroeconomic performance?
    Also the multiple choice questions weren't too bad. Got quite a few D answers...

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the population change question and how did you do it ?

ReputationRep:
    Context 1 was nice. Multiple choice had a few dodgy questions, but overall i defo did better this year than last year

ReputationRep:
    what was the population question again? Do you remember how it was worded?

ReputationRep:
    In 2006 th population was estimated to be 608... People. Using extract D calculate percentage change in 2006 to 2013

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do context 2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragreener1)
    I did context one, such an easy question. Was wrong about no monetary policy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you mind just a quick overview of the points you made for the 25 marker please? It'd be much appreciated 👌🏻

ReputationRep:
    I did context 1 and basically ended up writing two essays looool, one on the short term and one on the long term effects

ReputationRep:
    Introduction

Increase in AD decrease in SRAS, more inflation, generally increased employment but not always.

Effect on trade, appears improved on first glance but not so simple. J curve. Marshall Lerner condition.

Conclusion, detrimental to UK economy. Supply side policies should be used to reduce current account deficit to prevent fall in exchange rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    who else did context 2 and what points did you make for the 12 & 25 marker

ReputationRep:
    I did context one! It was easy. Couldn't of possibly asked for a better 25 and 12 market. The 8 marker was a bit dodgy but I'm probably overthinking. The multiple choice was harder than usual. A few brain teasers. Spent 20 minutes on it 😂 I remember getting like 3 b's in a row and like 3 d's in a row. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    i structured it differently:
    introduction
    effect on growth Two diagrams ad/sras and ad/lras
    effect on unemployment + inflation
    Effect on current account j curve effect
    conclusion

ReputationRep:
    Multiple choice was much harder than in the past definitely. 5,8,12 all fine but my main downfall was the 25 marker. Despite it being a relatively nice question (context 1 on devaluation of pound) I never seem to have enough time to fully complete them (happened to me on U1 too) and I really feel like it's limiting my grade :|

ReputationRep:
    Same here with the timing, I feel like it's more of a race to get everything down than on the quality of the work.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I only need 75 UMS to get an A overall. And I'm hoping that MCQ was at least 18 (worst case) 5+8+12 and then all I need is at least 13/14 in the 25 marker (let's be honest, it's an AS so it can't be that hard to pick up marks). My 25 marker had diagrams and talked about each macro objective with ongoing evaluation and spanned 4 pages. So if I don't get at least 75 UMS in this paper then that'll be pretty tragic tbh 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samm98)
    Multiple choice was much harder than in the past definitely. 5,8,12 all fine but my main downfall was the 25 marker. Despite it being a relatively nice question (context 1 on devaluation of pound) I never seem to have enough time to fully complete them (happened to me on U1 too) and I really feel like it's limiting my grade :|
    Do you know how much time you spent on the MCQs? I think I spent about 13 mins because last time I wasted too much time on it and that really affected me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apocacryptic)
    Do you know how much time you spent on the MCQs? I think I spent about 13 mins because last time I wasted too much time on it and that really affected me
    Wow 13 mins how did you do it so fast haha?! I spent about 30 mins on it, which is too much I know and it normally doesn't take me that long but it was much harder this year and I do get extra time so it balances it out a bit. I just find it really hard to plan the 25 mark essay and get all the points done within the time limit tbh. When I saw the question I was so happy as I thought I could've written loads on it and got 18+ on it but i didn't finish at all and am probably limited to 15 MAX now probably 13 ffs

ReputationRep:
    the only thing i am nervous about is inflated grade boundaries as we are all A2 students, i have done the math and worst case i am looking at around 60 marks

ReputationRep:
    For those who wrote about A2 stuff in context 1 unemployment 25 mark... You don't get any marks because your not allowed to include A2 stuff in AS, but the other way for A2 where you can use AS knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=cutelady;65072715]For those who wrote about A2 stuff in context 1 unemployment 25 mark... You don't get any marks because your not allowed to include A2 stuff in AS, but the other way for A2 where you can use AS knowledge

Are you sure about this, i have never been told this and to my knowledge you can include a2 in retakes-
    1. what unemployment 25 marker?
    2. i used degree level theories such as eurocslerosis and unkens curve so if this the case i'm in trouble

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.