Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What if I never get a bf? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for all your reply's, they help quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maisie13)
    No boy has ever taken any interest in me; I'm watching all my friends happy in relationships and I'm slightly jealous. However, i have never had a boy seem to take any notice of me. Should i be worried, maybe make a change to myself? I honestly don't know what to do. All I can think is that it must be something wrong with me? WHAT CAN I DO?
    Be yourself, and you'll find someone who matches YOU, not who you want to be.
    Trust me. I stayed weird, and sure enough I found people. But that came after like 4 years of being weird and lonely.

ReputationRep:
    If you're under 20 i wouldn't worry about it AT ALL. Seriously (a lot of) boys are not mature enough at this age for a relationship and neither are you. Relationships are not like what you see in movies and while the concept of having a bf to do cute things with is nice, the novelty soon wears off. I am aware I sound like a bitter old woman but I'm just being honest. But yeah don't worry about it for the mean time enjoy yourself n a guy will usually appear when it's least expected (in my experience) 😊

You should never think so negatively, trust me I felt exactly the same when I was around 13/14, not that I was interested in relationships back then but it was more of the fact that I worried about being left on the shelf in my older years. Now I'm 17 and I've been in a 3 year relationship which I never thought would happen and I'm so glad I waited for the right person to come along. So, just wait, and good things will come to you, as they say, good things come to those who wait. And you may feel like you will never find the right person, but you will, everybody does eventually, things happen for a reason. I hope this helps, I know I'm not great with advice haha but I understand how you may feel.

ReputationRep:
    Being a male myself, I know for a fact that most of us aren't ready for a serious or long term relationship. Me being me, I don't go into a relationship unless it will be both long term and lasting. I am very serious when it comes to relationships. That's all off topic though, most people my age (17/18) just aren't mentally mature enough for it, but there is the occasional one that is. The likelihood is that you wont meet a person to have a serious relationship with until you're over 20. That's just often how life goes.

ReputationRep:
    No boy has ever taken any interest in me; I'm watching all my friends happy in relationships and I'm slightly jealous. However, i have never had a boy seem to take any notice of me. Should i be worried, maybe make a change to myself? I honestly don't know what to do. All I can think is that it must be something wrong with me? WHAT CAN I DO?
    do u squat?

I think you are feeling some mixed emotions. Having a boyfriend isn't really that important anyway I felt the same when all my friends had boyfriends and I was single. As they say "good things come to those who wait"

I'm the same as you but I suspect much older. My advice is just to get yourself out there and don't be shy.

(Original post by Lucasium)
    You should probably lose some weight
    What BS. Plenty of larger women are in a relationship. I've never been anywhere near overweight but I've never had a proper relationship. People of all sizes can be single or in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    This might be a late response, but eh I'll post it anyway.

Never is a long time OP. No one can tell you what happens in the future. Heck there are 7 billion (probably a lot more now) people out there and I can guarantee that at least one of them will be attracted to you.

Unless you purposefully shut yourself in your house and avoid all human contact, chances are that you will end up with someone. So just put yourself out there and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Never change yourself to make yourself 'seem more attractive'! The only way you can be happy in a relationship is if you and the other person stay true to yourselves otherwise it is all based on a lie. Besides, you're still young and have so much more of your life to live - it isn't something you need to worry about now.

Honestly, I admit I felt this way when I was younger and was always actively searching for a boyfriend. When I finally stopped searching, I met my boyfriend and I've been with him for two years now.

Don't worry about this now. This is the time to focus on yourself and become who you want to be, not who you think boys will like. There's nothing wrong with you!

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem, open them legs sister, they will come crawling in. Get drunk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.