Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornflakeexpert)
    yeah, you don't get a full translation so you need to know it as best you can, but if you're stuck on a word they give you all the translations of every word which is nice :P it's basically asking about poetic techniques, so your teacher goes over what the poet does to achieve an effect (usually "make the story more vivid"...) and then the exam will ask you examples of those techniques. also i think there's a 10 mark essay asking how effective the poet is at achieving an effect (again usually "vividness" and you just have to say what they do really.
    Ok, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello5100)
    Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?
    I think he easily overcame and killed the leader of the enemy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin:))
    I think he easily overcame and killed the leader of the enemy
    I put that the leader of the enemy easily overcame and killed Pallus

ReputationRep:
    ya pallas was killed by turnus, pallas was in the accusative

ReputationRep:
    still another paper to change that!
    can the additional paper really make up for a really bad first paper?? because your post has given me hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revathyvk)
    can the additional paper really make up for a really bad first paper?? because your post has given me hope
    It probably can as it's worth 50 marks - that's 1/3 of the whole marks over the two papers! (At least that's for additional language, I don't know about civilisation as I'm not doing it)

ReputationRep:
    Who's sitting civilisation on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedOwl)
    Who's sitting civilisation on Monday?
    nope wish i was...
    I'm sitting additional

ReputationRep:
    For Additional Language..., do you need to know both normalvocab list and additional or just additional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revathyvk)
    For Additional Language..., do you need to know both normalvocab list and additional or just additional?
    I believe it's both - good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildjones)
    For me, the first comprehension was good, translations were quite easy (apart from the last sentence on the second one) and the second comprehension was meh.
    How did additional go for you?

ReputationRep:
    ya pallas was killed by turnus, pallas was in the accusative
    How did additional go for you?

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I don't know...some hard vocab/tenses but an easier plot...what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniMusic)
    Eh, I don't know...some hard vocab/tenses but an easier plot...what did you think?
    Yeah a nice plot ! Most of the tense was past though right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.