Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinal tap)
    I got 0.9g for mass of water I think, and yeah it was reaction 3 because of the ratio
    Yeah I put equation 3 as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro300)
    It wasnt hard, but extremely easy to get tricked like the element found in air, bet people put carbon dioxide when it asked for an element
    Oh no I put CO2! I thought it was a bit odd given there were two correct answers but should have gone back to check it! I wasn't sure about the unpolluted air one either? Was H20 an answer or CO2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinal tap)
    I got 0.9g for mass of water I think, and yeah it was reaction 3 because of the ratio
    Yeah, exactly what i got. For dynamic equilibria what 2 things did u put and was backward reaction endothermic

ReputationRep:
    yeah it seemed easy but there were loads of questions to trip you up
    element found in air - argon, others were compounds
    substance found in unpolluted air - co2 or water vapour (h2o)
    what happens when you add 50cm2 of acid to calcium rather than 25cm2 - nothing, it was in excess already
    mass of water - 0.9 you had to times by 5
    on the graph it was maximum temperature RISE, not just max temp - 10 C
    small graph at end - steeper curve that ends at same level as there was same mass
    chromatography thing - first blob of solution was at the base line, not the first blob
    why you need to wait for gas to cool before measuring - hot gas occupies a larger area, nothing to do with make sure it all reacts.
    idk what the right answer for why you rinse the burette with water then solution y, I put
    water - to wash out any solution x left in
    solution y - to react with any water left in, ensuring a fair test (no idea for that one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophied24)
    Oh no I put CO2! I thought it was a bit odd given there were two correct answers but should have gone back to check it! I wasn't sure about the unpolluted air one either? Was H20 an answer or CO2?
    Yeah, i got stuck on the next bit, as it said compound i put co2 cuzz i thought the nitrogen dioxides etc make it polluted

ReputationRep:
    I put oxygen for the compound one because we learnt in bio that carbon dioxide causes pollution and global warming so I didn't know what to write even though I knew oxygen was not a compound. I was so confused on the question about potassium hydrogencarbonate I just put 2 without giving a reason.

Does anyone know why the temperature didn't change for copper?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the backward reaction was endothermic because of the temperature change, and endothermic is breaking bonds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    I put oxygen for the compound one because we learnt in bio that carbon dioxide causes pollution and global warming so I didn't know what to write even though I knew oxygen was not a compound. I was so confused on the question about potassium hydrogencarbonate I just put 2 without giving a reason.

Yeah it's unreactive so it didn't react with the acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Max-)
    Copper's a good conductor of heat and so the surrounding temp didn't rise.
    Oh ok thanks

ReputationRep:

You could have put CO2 or H2O (water vapour)

CO2 - its naturally found in v small quantities due to respiration, decomposition etc.
    H2o - evaporation from lakes, transpiration etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, exactly what i got. For dynamic equilibria what 2 things did u put and was backward reaction endothermic
    I put there is a constant amount of product on both sides produced (as in the amount produced doesn't change) and the temperature in the reaction was constant. And yeah backwards reaction was endothermic

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thanks
    no thats wrong, surely if it was a good conductor it would make the surrounding temp rise more...
    it didnt react because it is unreactive

ReputationRep:
    I missed the graph on the last question, How many marks was that worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    no thats wrong, surely if it was a good conductor it would make the surrounding temp rise more...
    Thats what I was thinking. I wrote down that copper is lower down in the reactivity series than the other metals mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I was thinking. I wrote down that copper is lower down in the reactivity series than the other metals mentioned.
    Yeah, technically the reason would be that copper is below hydrogen in the reactivity series, so it does not displace it, but you'll get the marks for saying it does not react as it is unreactive I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amar Joshi)
    I missed the graph on the last question, How many marks was that worth?
    two

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, technically the reason would be that copper is below hydrogen in the reactivity series, so it does not displace it, but you'll get the marks for saying it does not react as it is unreactive I think
    That makes so much sense thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophied24)
    for the unpolluted air one I put CO2 but a lot of my friends put H2O... I think they are both correct

ReputationRep:
    For the dynamic equilibria can i have , rate of forward reaction =rate of backward and that its in a closed system?

ReputationRep:
    For the dynamic equilibria can i have , rate of forward reaction =rate of backward and that its in a closed system?
    Thats exactly what I put so I hope so haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.