Decay
    The Carbon Cycle
    Variation
    Genetics
    Reproduction and Cloning
    Genetic Engineering
    Evolution
    FOR EACH ABOVE TOPIC:
    1. Watch a video that briefly explainsthe concepts, you don’t need to make notes, I suggest MyGCSEscience but mostare good (Max. 10 minutes)

2. Read information on that sametopic on bitesize (5 minutes)

3. RE-watch the video (Max. 10mins)

4. Write one paragraph in summary,wont take too long and you wont have to write a a lot. (5 mins)

5. Re-read information andre-watch video if you think it would be useful.

6. Record yourself explaining thetopic without any notes. This isn’ essential but might help and you an listenback afterwards.

7. You can write another summaryparagraph without any help if it would be useful, not essential.

Essential steps are:1,2,3, probably four.

Do at least those stepsfor each topic.

Once you have covered alltopics, ensuring you prioritise ones that you are weak at, listen to therecordings you have made or read over your summary paragraphs quickly.

Do a B1 past paper, I’lllink one in a sec.

What grade are you aimingfor?
    If you don’t get highenough in the past paper then watch videos on those topics. However, after this point donot stay up any later. Listen to recordings or podcasts before you go to sleepand stay calm. At the end of the day, you will be all right and if you don’t getan A/A* it isn’t the end of the world.
    Speciation isn't in AQA B1 it's in B2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YAY GCSE)
    Speciation isn't in AQA B1 it's in B2
    Ok sorry I'll edit it out

ReputationRep:
    I highly suggest doing as much as you can, do what I do and just watch the videos in bed and do it all on your phone, doesn't require masses of energy or moving about. Get to be lazy whilst still doing work, it might not be the most effective method but it's better than nothing. Have some self belief.

ReputationRep:
    you will be fine , just watch some revision videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I've only done one mock exam in November; I got 33/60. In Year 10, I scored 13/60, but I've improved a bit since.

On the 2014 paper (a couple of months ago) I scored 38/60 which is the highest I have ever got.

Last week in a specimen paper I got 21/60.
    You should do the same practise papers again so that you can go over the answers and use the mark scheme answers in your actual exam

ReputationRep:
    I have my B1 notes, give me your email and I'll send them over to you. You can have a read through the topics you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I'm in a mess for it. I should have revised earlier (yep, you heard it here first). But seriously I've ****ed up. I know about the Carbon Cycle, The Nervous System, Natural Selection, Fighting Disease but that's it.

I can't be bothered making notes anymore. Should I just watch videos?

Our exam starts at 13.15 tomorrow! What can I do in the morning (or tonight, feeling a bit tired though)?
    There's a guy who does AQA science videos on all the topics on YouTube, I think FreeScience Lessons

ReputationRep:
    it was most certainly not easy thats for sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.