• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I did think, and hence why I put anywhere that would usually be inspected by the FSA. Even a smaller home business, I feel that in particular, they should be proud of high standards (if they have them!).
    And I doubt they wouldn't not be proud. I have a family member who runs a home wedding cake business ( where the only customer interaction within the home is for consults and collections ), I don't think it's both fair and right for her to have something visible. - both for security ( could become a known increased target for robbery etc.), and the fact it's a home business not a commercial property.

I 1000% agree for there to be a digital copy. My only qualm is with the breadth of 3, where I think it should be one rule for homes, and another for commercial property.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    And I doubt they wouldn't not be proud. I have a family member who runs a home wedding cake business ( where the only customer interaction within the home is for consults and collections ), I don't think it's both fair and right for her to have something visible. - both for security ( could become a known increased target for robbery etc.), and the fact it's a home business not a commercial property.

I 1000% agree for there to be a digital copy. My only qualm is with the breadth of 3, where I think it should be one rule for homes, and another for commercial property.
    Fair enough, I see what you mean! My only problem would be, what would you describe as a home business? There are still some home businesses you could call them, who're running a full commercial cafe, and why should they be different from any cafe on the high street....?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Fair enough, I see what you mean! My only problem would be, what would you describe as a home business? There are still some home businesses you could call them, who're running a full commercial cafe, and why should they be different from any cafe on the high street....?
    Looking on the FSA website, when you register your business you can register it as a private dwelling ( the example given is for a cake-decorating business ) - so it maybe be interesting looking at the FSA categories in relation to this legislation.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Looking on the FSA website, when you register your business you can register it as a private dwelling ( the example given is for a cake-decorating business ) - so it maybe be interesting looking at the FSA categories in relation to this legislation.
    Mmm, ok, will have a look at that potentially for second reading - no promises though

ReputationRep:
    I support this with the addition of Erics points RE home dwelling versus commercial property.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    We could perhaps hire some local celebrities to present it for a couple of days but nothing too flashy.
    don't be facetious
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye lmao
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Unsure why, but aye

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    This has gone to a second reading

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.