Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Me being one of them
    its fine though, its been a national thing by the looks of it - will have to lower the boundaries *praise the lord* - same for the essay as it sounds like they were all so badly worded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxHubbard)
    wtf was that test
    I feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where we could get an unofficial mark scheme from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulupixie)
    its fine though, its been a national thing by the looks of it - will have to lower the boundaries *praise the lord* - same for the essay as it sounds like they were all so badly worded
    What essay did you do ?
    I did arid and that was poorly worded, with ocr, you can never clearly work out what they are actually asking from you

ReputationRep:
    What essay did you do ?
    I did arid and that was poorly worded, with ocr, you can never clearly work out what they are actually asking from you
    I did coasts - and it said 'explain how the needs for management of development varies' ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! So idk about your case studies, but I started writing about Holderness coastline and Fawley power station at Easington, then the coastal road at Ventnoor, and then with 5 mins to spare i thought about some we had done for managing conflict and thought oh sh*t is it that instead?! But the 9 marker was the same thing - conflicts?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TanayP)
    Anyone do the rivers essay? If so what did you write about?
    wrote about boscastle and the need for management to protect the tourist industry, how tewksbury couldn't be managed despite the need for management and about Bangladesh needing it to protect the shanty towns located off the river but cant afford it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyschool)
    wrote about boscastle and the need for management to protect the tourist industry, how tewksbury couldn't be managed despite the need for management and about Bangladesh needing it to protect the shanty towns located off the river but cant afford it
    damn that would have been good if i had done that essay - i studied tewkesbury and bangladesh too!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about Dubai land reclamation and Florida Everglades for the coasts essays. No idea if they were right tho, didn't get the question. Anyone else **** the fauna one up?

ReputationRep:
    damn that would have been good if i had done that essay - i studied tewkesbury and bangladesh too!
    thaks, what did u write about? Everyone else in my class wrote about coasts so haven't really compared it with anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinzy)
    I wrote about Dubai land reclamation and Florida Everglades for the coasts essays. No idea if they were right tho, didn't get the question. Anyone else **** the fauna one up?
    I left that fauna question

ReputationRep:
    thaks, what did u write about? Everyone else in my class wrote about coasts so haven't really compared it with anyone
    I did the coasts one so I can't help you there! Although I think both essays could have been misinterpreted (because the coasts is effectively the same as rivers). I wasn't sure whether to use my coastal management case studies (which I did) and then with 5 mins to spare was panicking if i should have used my conflict ones?! It was about need for management?! But i thought the conflicts was the same as the coasts short 9 marker?!

ReputationRep:
    If only we did AQA, there would have been a much larger discussion and possibly unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    I left that fauna question
    I wrote one point about plants and one about animals because I didn't know what fauna was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 97T)
    I wrote one point about plants and one about animals because I didn't know what fauna was
    Why did I not even think of that. Looks like re-sit could be an option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TanayP)
    Anyone do the rivers essay? If so what did you write about?
    I used ganges and southern england for case studies examples. I said how location and the development of the country would effect which flood management methods would be best! What did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries show that last year 55/75 was a B - even if we got 0 on that essay but got full marks on everything else we have succeeded

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries show that last year 55/75 was a B - even if we got 0 on that essay but got full marks on everything else we have succeeded
    I wish I could be as optimistic as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cxxk)
    I used ganges and southern england for case studies examples. I said how location and the development of the country would effect which flood management methods would be best! What did you write about?
    I wrote about how the management of flooding varies depending on the locations economic value, importance and the amount of people exposed if flooding was to occur. If these factors were high then the need for management and flood defences would be quite high. The case studies I used were the three gorges dam and the Thames.

Not sure if I did it correctly though

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be as optimistic as you
    I just really need to smash the human paper - a decent tourism essay please with none of this 'global pattern' crap. OCR take notes. Oh and any data 4 markers are great thx

ReputationRep:
    I did the river essay and I wrote about Tees Basin - Yarm Flood Defense Scheme to protect the residential, Ganges basin - about embankments as they need to protect the urban area as it's expensive to pay insurance and Nile basin about the dam to control water levels so it doesn't flood does this even make sense what am saying haha?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.