Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryndvdmddn)
    I liked that exam, but do expect high grade boundaries as I found all the 6-markers to be basically data-based? I mean they were some of the simplest 6-mark questions I've seen!
    The downsides to easy exams: higher grade boundaries. I'm probably going to say it's in the higher 40s for an A* (48ish).

They were all data based, yeah. The only bit of actual knowledge was on the pollutants in the first question (though a lot of data is needed for that too) and a teeny tiny bit on the last one about LCA. Surprised there wasn't anything about fractional distillation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmgaic)
    The downsides to easy exams: higher grade boundaries. I'm probably going to say it's in the higher 40s for an A* (48ish).

They were all data based, yeah. The only bit of actual knowledge was on the pollutants in the first question (though a lot of data is needed for that too) and a teeny tiny bit on the last one about LCA. Surprised there wasn't anything about fractional distillation.
    Yeah, not complaining though! What I liked about it though, was that it was (rather unlike Biology B1 B2 B3) mainly fact-based. That is, if you revised, you would get a good mark. Simple!
    Let's all hope for the same structure for all the other science papers!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I actually enjoyed the paper 😂😹 big difference from the biology one. I got 1.56x10^6 for the last table question so hopefully I'll have done well. I did the 6 mark question about ecotrainers in the last 3 minutes so I'm not sure how that question went down😂

ReputationRep:
    did u guys get sodium and hydrogen in the two gaps above the last question

ReputationRep:
    Sodium hydroxide and hydrogen.

ReputationRep:
    I got sodium hydroxide and hydrogen.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.