Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Let's make an unofficial mark scheme for 2016 AQA Level1/2 Certificate Biology Paper1 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I found the chemistry test easier that normal so I think that the grade boundaries will be higher than usual since all people in my school found it very easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart1400)
    For the polar bear question the working out goes like this:
    2.3-1.4=0.9
    0.9/1.4=0.6428...(a)
    a*100= 64.28%
    Yeah if those are the correct lengths, that's what I worked out. I just did
    (2.3/1.4) * 100 = 164.28...
    and then I just subtracted 100 to get 64.28% as well.

You must have a good memory to be able to remember those lengths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kart1400)
    For the polar bear question the working out goes like this:
    2.3-1.4=0.9
    0.9/1.4=0.6428...(a)
    a*100= 64.28%
    Yes mate that's right

ReputationRep:
    yeah. The polar bear was 2.3cm and the sun bear was 1.4cm. I got 64 as the answer and it can't be 39 because - if the bear was 50% longer than the sun bear, it must be 2.1cm however, the length of the polar bear was more than that so it has to be more than 50%!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Continue

ReputationRep:
    For the carbon cycle question I put respiration, photosynthesis, eating, decomposition and the explained them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do you remember if eutrophication was on the paper? I've completely forgotten what was on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yana1123)
    Hi, do you remember if eutrophication was on the paper? I've completely forgotten what was on it
    Eutrophication wasn't on the first paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you draw a curve of best fit? On markscheme it says dont do it dot to dot, but how can you not? its almost always clear that its a curve so how can you not do it dot to dot?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.