Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    oh fairs and yeah for the essay- intro
    then 1st argument- lots of terrorism and racism in todays society so important to expireience new cultures to become more tolerant and accepting and it is a chnce the spend time with freinds and family as work place can get stressful.

Arg2- the cost can be financially a burdon, it can be dangerous as its an unusual location and can become close minded when away.

Conclusion- it is a question of balance, but in order to avoid racism etc we should expreince new cultures e.g tour through europe as we can become more understanding.

Hope i have scored highly as really banking on it and added lots of wenn clauses e.g wenn ich mehr geld hatte, wurde ich dieses urlaub probieren.://.
    what did you talk about>
    what the yours sounds WAY better than mine I just wrote about it being cheaper and fun hahaha ok I'm accepting my failure now (((((: mine sounds like a year 7 wrote it you will be fine theres no way u are gonna get any less than 35/35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    what the yours sounds WAY better than mine I just wrote about it being cheaper and fun hahaha ok I'm accepting my failure now (((((: mine sounds like a year 7 wrote it you will be fine theres no way u are gonna get any less than 35/35
    you will have done great don't worry !! For the 6 mark translation- did you say other students produce leaning materials or other schools

ReputationRep:
    I spoke about email and that they got emails with their corrections (guess). And that today they make use of social media e.g skype etc. What did you get for word fills.
    Yeah I said they use Skype for the second question, is that what you did or did you write that as well for the first question?

I can't remember now what I said for the word fills, if someone can try and remember the sentences I could though

ReputationRep:
    you will have done great don't worry !! For the 6 mark translation- did you say other students produce leaning materials or other schools
    i know its wrong but i put:

the 7 fully trained teachers live in -whatever the place was called- or in the accommodation, so they are never far from their school without classrooms. (cringing at how non-english this sounds)
    teachers work on the online school with other schools, because they can be very creative; for example, when they produce motivational study notes for the students or accept individual differences between students.

-i literally sound like i used google translate in the exam-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airbear)
    Yeah I said they use Skype for the second question, is that what you did or did you write that as well for the first question?

I can't remember now what I said for the word fills, if someone can try and remember the sentences I could though
    I wrote that for the second one, cant rememeber what i did for the word. All i remember was using grossere interesanten sofort, Problem, aczeptieren, finanzieren, cant remember the other 4 possibilities. Can you?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that for the second one, cant rememeber what i did for the word. All i remember was using grossere interesanten sofort, Problem, aczeptieren, finanzieren, cant remember the other 4 possibilities. Can you?
    Yeah that sounds similar to mine but I can't remember a lot of it
    I also used kostenlos

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds similar to mine but I can't remember a lot of it
    I also used kostenlos
    i messed up that one, I can not remember the other 3. For listening- time with family, about giving not reieving, can buy different articles and can try different food like bratwurst, you should help other people so its not only for our family. Thats what i remember.

what did you do for your 6 mark translation- hated that one.

ReputationRep:
    i know its wrong but i put:

the 7 fully trained teachers live in -whatever the place was called- or in the accommodation, so they are never far from their school without classrooms. (cringing at how non-english this sounds)
    teachers work on the online school with other schools, because they can be very creative; for example, when they produce motivational study notes for the students or accept individual differences between students.

-i literally sound like i used google translate in the exam-
    that sounds correct, really good. I didnt do that as i got confused and found it really hard but hopefully ill make up for it in essay/oral.

ReputationRep:
    Part of the translation question was something along the lines of "die Lehrer ziehen die Internetschule anderen Schulen vor, weil sie kreativer sein koennen..." which I believe means the teachers prefer the internet school over other schools because they can be more creative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahjackson1999)
    Part of the translation question was something along the lines of "die Lehrer ziehen die Internetschule anderen Schulen vor, weil sie kreativer sein koennen..." which I believe means the teachers prefer the internet school over other schools because they can be more creative
    didn't do well on that one- can you remember your words fills.

ReputationRep:
    didn't do well on that one- can you remember your words fills.
    I can't really remember, I didn't think it was too bad except there were a few I just couldn't figure out.
    I remember it started with finanziert and kostenlos, and I remember using Amerikaner and sofort, but I can't remember the rest

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear
    I thought the translation was a lot harder than the past papers, hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than usual

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds a lot more correct than mine.
    I didn't know what vorziehen meant, so I said something like 'the teachers are trying to show the other schools how creative they can be'

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds a lot more correct than mine.
    I didn't know what vorziehen meant, so I said something like 'the teachers are trying to show the other schools how creative they can be'
    Yeah, there was some tricky vocab in there :/
    Luckily I used vorziehen in some work last week or I wouldn't have remembered it, it hasn't come up much in my AS lessons/practice papers

ReputationRep:
    ages away from now- a few months maybe. Can you remember any of your answers.
    Ah okay, thanks! I put kostenlos then changed it to teuer 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ofurniss14)
    Ah okay, thanks! I put kostenlos then changed it to teuer 😭
    i put teuer too haha! Think it is wrong though... `can you remember any others you put`/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there was some tricky vocab in there :/
    Luckily I used vorziehen in some work last week or I wouldn't have remembered it, it hasn't come up much in my AS lessons/practice papers
    i reckon 80 for an A... what did you get for some of your listening answers ?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember the first and last questions were a bit weird. I wrote that she hadn't bought all her Christmas gifts yet, it's important for him to be with family, it's more important to give than receive for her, there are unusual gifts at the market, something about food at the Christmas market last year, and his family give money to poorer families instead of giving presents

ReputationRep:
    The last question for the listening was something like what is she going to talk to her family about, but I felt like that was the same thing as the question before that. The question before was like what does his family do for Christmas or Christmas presents I can't remember. Did anyone else think this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.