Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I said that the animal vector for malaria is the anopheles mosquito which carries the malarial protozoan. It transfers this to the blood and in the blood contains red blood cells. The presence of the malarial protozoan triggers a mutation of haemoglobin molecules to absorb less oxygen and become sickle cell shaped(which is sickle cell anaemia). I just related it to the question which was why is there more people with sickle cell where there is countries with malaria

ReputationRep:
    I need your help in the exam i wrote beneath the question but still in the big box which has all the questions in it. Will it not be read now as i though it was still in the big box

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question about transmitting malaria

I wrote it r is transmitted by the anapholes mosquito which is a vector and is a protozoan which injects it onto your body

Os that okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    For the question about transmitting malaria

I wrote it r is transmitted by the anapholes mosquito which is a vector and is a protozoan which injects it onto your body

Os that okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes I think it is okay. But i'm pretty sure it was a 2 or 3 marker question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.