Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzahPatel)
    Lol there are so many news articles online about this. And it's trending on twitter.

sign this petition, it might help ?

https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-t...16-examination

loads of signatures already

(Original post by HamzahPatel)
    Literally less than half the spec came up, like wtf
    yh man got 22/60

(Original post by mariam687)

22/60 i'm so sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)

Nice to see, hopefully we do get those 2012 boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    22/60 i'm so sad
    w8, howd u get ur results?

pm me if u wnt instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    We won\t because they always increase no matter what and secondly, the paper wasn't even that hard, sorry
    It's not about how hard the paper itself was. If a large % of the country found the test hard (as shown with low marks) the grade boundaries get lowered.

ReputationRep:
    Hi hamzah its suhayb

The exam wasnt hard, all the 'random' questions were common sense. Of course an independant company is one thats not affiliated to the drug company, how could you not get that?

Since half the spec didnt come up, isnt that a good thing? It made the paper super easy.

Everyone's just dumb.

ReputationRep:
    I felt the spec not coming up made it harder 😭😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries will be low if everyone did badly. But i suspect like every year, there will be a huge variation in results. We shall see, nothing that petition can do anyway.
    From what i remember anyway, GCSE sciences had such stupidly low grade boundaries in the first place it was hard for you to get below a C if you revised enough.

ReputationRep:
    5 years to answer a question about drunk 15 year olds. AQA need their jaws spun.

ReputationRep:
    There was like two topics of which i actually revised which came up!!! Sure, its just common sense but at the same time it puts people down if nothing they revised came up... like wth was independant companies???!!!! NEVER BEEEN ON ANY OTHER MARK SCHEMES??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apps2000)
    Hi hamzah its suhayb

The exam wasnt hard, all the 'random' questions were common sense. Of course an independant company is one thats not affiliated to the drug company, how could you not get that?

Since half the spec didnt come up, isnt that a good thing? It made the paper super easy.

Everyone's just dumb.
    Plot twist: I had no problem with the independent company question and did get that answer

Personally I would have much rather preferred more traditional questions covering more the spec like every paper since 2012 had because I'd memorized perfect mark scheme answers for pretty much every topic and process.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.