Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PolishTosser)
    I'm not sure but I gave an example about the dodo becoming extinct
    you needed to say the example of how the giraffe evolved overtime. i forgot to write that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpppppp)
    Well the exam was easy and I think I will probably get A* on the paper... but the thing is on my coursework/controlled assessment whatever I got B (1 mark off an A)... anyone got any idea what marks I need to get out of 60 on the exam to push up my grade to an A*?
    I cant really give you an idea of the grade boundaries, but it will most likely be high because it seems that most people found the paper easy. Werent you allowed to modify your coursework to get it up to an A? I got 50/50 for it so I'm doing okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jannatx)
    a lot of people mentioned speciation.
    Was that a must? I didn't include it.
    I didn't put speciation as it isn't related to natural selcetion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no_more_stress)
    you ready for chemistry? got a whole day to revise tomorrow.. should ace the exam on Thursday. I'm headed for an A*
    goodluck bro i want an A because I'm a scrub aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muneebah6104)
    you needed to say the example of how the giraffe evolved overtime. i forgot to write that.
    when were giraffes in the paper aha?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise that the was a question on the back, so i missed the natural selection 6 mark question out. Im doing core science and want a overall B:mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    Seemed easy, didn't really known how to write down the last question so I just wrote down stuff related to natural selection

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the question about malaria and sickle cell and something about the populations and I cant believe I crossed out my right answer about the genus and the specie.

ReputationRep:
    the answer was 6.5 right?
    Well I hope so that's what I got

ReputationRep:
    sometimes the 6 markers are based on your links and language rather than your points. My biology teacher said that if you only put about 4 points for a 6 marker but clearly link them with good, flowing language you can get the 6 marks

ReputationRep:
    Well the exam was easy and I think I will probably get A* on the paper... but the thing is on my coursework/controlled assessment whatever I got B (1 mark off an A)... anyone got any idea what marks I need to get out of 60 on the exam to push up my grade to an A*?
    If you get an a* on physics biology and chemistry u should get an a * overall. The isa is only 25%

ReputationRep:
    For the malaria-sickle question I put:
    ppl with sickle less likely to catch malaria
    therefore most ppl with malaria will be the ones without sickle
    malaria has high fatality rate so most malaria ppl die
    left with higher percentage of sickle as less sickles die compared to nonsickles.

I don't think that was all the marks tho, cos I think you needed to make a link to the sickles bieng able to survive and pass on genes of sickle. (and maybe eventaully everyone is recessive homozygous for sickle so a kind of "evolution")

ReputationRep:
    And what do people think the link was for the Nitrogen cycle question?
    I doubt they were giving 6 marks for an explanation of each of the 3 bacteria.

I put in some extra info like nitrogen inert, nitrate only form usable to plants, n2 is 78% atmosphere, and nitrogen fixing is a mutualistic relationship.

Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsonly_sarah)
    I didn't get the question about malaria and sickle cell and something about the populations and I cant believe I crossed out my right answer about the genus and the specie.
    omg yesss..i was soo confused on that too!!

ReputationRep:
    can someone make a mark scheme please

ReputationRep:
    Thought it went well, the 6 markers were quite nice and the only two questions I know I definitely messed up on was the sickle cell disease question and the 'state another plant hormone growth' thing, I put auxin, but I think that was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think we are probably looking at 51-52 for an A* and probably around the 44-45 mark for an A. The highest it's ever been was 52.

ReputationRep:
    I made a few mistakes because it's the first exam so I'm looking at A. I'll pick it up in b2 and b3 hopefully.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.