Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I agree about fractional distillation! Definitely revise that.

Anyone think electrolysis might make an appearance? Also haven't seen a question on alkalis for a while...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Guys, I thought it would be best to make a thread, so we can do the same thing as B123 (by MezmorisedPotato). I predict crude oil, maybe a bit on acid rain and salt and health. I really hope alkalis don't come up for the 6 marker. Share your predictions!
    What's the quickest way to revise the whole of Chemistry? I'm really tired and it's at 9AM in the morning
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by emmald583)
    I agree about fractional distillation! Definitely revise that.

Anyone think electrolysis might make an appearance? Also haven't seen a question on alkalis for a while...
    Yeah I think electrolysis will come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    What's the quickest way to revise the whole of Chemistry? I'm really tired and it's at 9AM in the morning
    Just go over the biggest things in most detail, like fractional distillation, electrolysis, properties of polymers, formation of salt, limestone, coal and alkalis. And then go over the other stuff after that. I would say go to bed at 10pm and get up at 5:30am/6:00am because then in the morning you won't be as tired, ur brain will be fresh and you'll still have lots of time in the morning

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions? so nervous for the exam teh biology one was so weird

ReputationRep:
    Hai guys
    So can someone just c123 tell me all the predictions for 6markers for each unit pleaaase
    Thankss a lot and goodluck to you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vadermolt1)
    Notes!
    omg this is so helpful thanks

ReputationRep:
    Guys make sure you know the products of electrolysis, it's a common question. Also acid rain and life cycle assessment is common

ReputationRep:
    Guys make sure you know the products of electrolysis, it's a common question. Also acid rain and life cycle assessment is common
    thank you so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    What are the products of electrolysis??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymagic)
    What are the products of electrolysis??
    hydrogen gas, chlorine gas and sodium hydroxide. Be careful though, sometimes the hydroxide can change depending on what is put in like it could be potassium hydroxide... you'll work it out. It's ALWAYS hydrogen and chlorine though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mani_McCorry)
    thank you so much!!!
    No prob

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think electrolysis, fractional distillation, acid raid and limestone may come up

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please make a list of things that they think would be most needed to revise, thankyouuu

ReputationRep:
    Of course! c;
    thank you so much! very helpful, but i now realise i know none of chemistry...

ReputationRep:
    Can we do a revision chat on here about c1 c2 c3
    Anyone up for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also guys make your predictions for
    C1 6 marker
    C2 6 marker
    & C3 6 marker,
    mine is alkalis, salt mining and properties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usmaan345)
    Can we do a revision chat on here about c1 c2 c3
    Anyone up for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah sure, I am. Let's ask each other loads of questions and then someone should answer it. First question: Why might synthetic materials be better than natural materials?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeahimsammalli)
    Also guys make your predictions for
    C1 6 marker
    C2 6 marker
    & C3 6 marker,
    mine is alkalis, salt mining and properties
    Good predictions, I agree with them all.

ReputationRep:
    1st question and im already stumped xD not looking great...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.