Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you find the C1? Watch

• View Poll Results: How was maths C1 for you?
    Very hard
    22.12%
    Hard
    30.27%
    OK
    26.07%
    Easy
    8.91%
    Very easy
    12.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    How did you find this year's C1
    EDEXCEL only

This is last year's poll on C1

Attachment 533607

these were the actual boundaries of last year's exam
    75 full UMS
    69 ---> 90 UMS
    63 ---> 80 UMS (A)
    56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
    50 ---> 60 UMS (C)
    TeeEM

I Lie to you not, that paper was hard

I got a strong A dropped 2/3 marks, but stiII think that paper was insane

ReputationRep:
    60/75 please be an 'A' grade...

ReputationRep:
    this was meant to be the module where i got most of my marks to bump up my grade bc of how badly i suck at m1... wth do i do now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ives888)
    You know when you think you're really good at something and then someone decides to ask you completely irrelevant stuff about it? That was C1.

I usually get high 60s/low 70s, but that paper was absolutely vile and probably the worst one I've ever done.

How on earth do they get away with putting stuff in that isn't even in the textbook or on the specification?

Who's fault is this? Michael Gove and Nicky Morgan's. DOWN WITH THE TORIES!
    So many answers are in fractions and we don't have a calculator grade boundaries between be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ives888)
    You know when you think you're really good at something and then someone decides to ask you completely irrelevant stuff about it? That was C1.

I usually get high 60s/low 70s, but that paper was absolutely vile and probably the worst one I've ever done.

How on earth do they get away with putting stuff in that isn't even in the textbook or on the specification?

Who's fault is this? Michael Gove and Nicky Morgan's. DOWN WITH THE TORIES!
    There was nothing on the exam that was not on the specification. Don't blame the exam board or the government lol

ReputationRep:
    bull **** paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    EDEXCEL only

Attachment 533607

75 full UMS
    69 ---> 90 UMS
    63 ---> 80 UMS (A)
    56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
    50 ---> 60 UMS (C)
    i can most certainly say that this years paper was definitely more difficult... 2015 C1 i practised and got 70/75
    but this years paper phew, that was quite a handful xD

In any case you're back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zandneger)
    What did people get for the y value in the last question. It's the only place I think I've dropped a mark. I got 19/2
    I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can we resit this paper next year?? I hear the spec is changing. Anyone know

ReputationRep:
    If June 2011 was 72/75 for 100UMS... maybe we have hope.

ReputationRep:
    I did C1 Last year and it felt like pure evil, I feel for you who did it this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toby-keith)
    I think I've got 73/75, got the last part of question one wrong, so pissed off with myself. I did this as a resit, anyone planning clearing??:afraid:
    Are you a ****ing ****? You're complaining because you lost 2 marks when everyone is doubting an A

ReputationRep:
    73/75.
    I thought the fractions were a bit unusual, but it just meant the paper took longer.
    It was not hard, just not a normal core one paper you would finish in 20 minutes. Had to be careful, the questions themselves though were fairly easy.

I think the grade boundaries will be 60 for an A (standard) and full UMS at 75. Many people would get full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    EDEXCEL only

Attachment 533607

75 full UMS
    69 ---> 90 UMS
    63 ---> 80 UMS (A)
    56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
    50 ---> 60 UMS (C)
    C1 is supposed to be the easiest AS Core Module, yet i find it way harder than C2. Usually end up with 80% in C1 (Most likely lower, was a horrible exam) and 95 to 100% in C2?

ReputationRep:
    70+/75, gutted I wrote 5 instead of 500 on sequences & the area question was just plain bizarre, thought it was two right angled triangles but apparently not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beta_tester)
    if people hate c1 fractions you're gonna enioy C4 FP2 FP3
    you get a calculator tho lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacobfrosst)
    you get a calculator tho lol
    It's not really much use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (URIAH))
    Can we resit this paper next year?? I hear the spec is changing. Anyone know
    Yes you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toby-keith)
    I think I've got 73/75, got the last part of question one wrong, so pissed off with myself. I did this as a resit, anyone planning clearing??:afraid:
    I reakon i got 72/75 lost 2 silly marks on sum to 100 and question before by adding 1 instead of 3, and then got n as 18 but forgot to put his birthday down :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banagha)
    60/75 please be an 'A' grade...
    Hopefully it's 58

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.