Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    area under graph 45/4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rndmtngr99)
    I worked until the last minute too. I thought the numbers used very challenging and a lot of multiplying decimals was annoying.

For the integration question I got something like 70/12 or something over 12? Anyone get the same?
    If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure I got like 243 over 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayless)
    I got 81/4 for the first part, then 45/4 for the second part, I think, something like that, area of triangle is 9.
    Area of triangle is 9? 12 I think... (0.5*48)/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defibrillator)
    The coordinates of the first question was -3,4 or 4,-3 when you had to use simultaneous equations to get the X y values. The equations were something like 5x -2y=-4 and 3x-3y=... or something like that I can't remember tho and did anyone else get k=30 on the first question too..?
    I got k = -30
    negative

ReputationRep:
    Area of triangle is 9? 12 I think... (0.5*48)/2
    Q x coordinate is -5/4
    the x co ordinate of the tip of the triangle is -2,
    difference is 3/4 so width = 3/4
    triangle heigh is 24
    (3/4 x 24)/2
    = 18/2
    =9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moe889)
    i did too but some guy called tajtsracc keeps saying its root 65
    I got root 65 as well..

ReputationRep:
    And I got root 55 for the circle question?!?
    I got root 65 as it was the root of 7^2 + 4 ^ which = 16+49 = 65
    Sorry 😬😬

ReputationRep:
    I worked until the last minute too. I thought the numbers used very challenging and a lot of multiplying decimals was annoying.

For the integration question I got something like 70/12 or something over 12? Anyone get the same?
    I got for part B between the intergral of 1 and -2 like 243/12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatPumpkin)
    I got sqrt(55), but I added up the numbers incorrectly it should have been sqrt(65).
    Thanks, I'm almost certain that's what I put! Sorry to hear about the flub. I've also just realised I didn't write translation next to my column vector, and I think I lose a mark for that, so hooray.

-1 plusminus sqrt(5) for the roots of that quadratic, anyone...?

ReputationRep:

I got 60/12 which simplifies to 5, then 63 for the area of the trapezium, making the shaded area 58

ReputationRep:
    Q x coordinate is -5/4
    the x co ordinate of the tip of the triangle is -2,
    difference is 3/4 so width = 3/4
    triangle heigh is 24
    (3/4 x 24)/2
    = 18/2
    =9
    Snap. I don't remember what the final area was, though...

I lie, it was 45/4, obtained by 81/4 - 36/4 (integral - triangle).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassette)
    Thanks, I'm almost certain that's what I put! Sorry to hear about the flub. I've also just realised I didn't write translation next to my column vector, and I think I lose a mark for that, so hooray.

-1 plusminus sqrt(5) for the roots of that quadratic, anyone...?
    That's what I got for the roots I think, what was your column vector?

ReputationRep:
    I got k = -30
    negative
    Same I got -30 aswell

ReputationRep:
    41/4

something like that,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingHelp)
    If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure I got like 243 over 12
    yhi put that too!! its right just not simplified.... it goes to 81/4 so probz get 4 marks out of 5

ReputationRep:
    think i got like 68/75... kinda annoyed since I was retaking it and was hoping for high 90 ums, not sure what 68 will be

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry, I don't remember...will edit if I do though, it's currently all coming back like a horrible dream!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukeozade13)
    I got root 65 as it was the root of 7^2 + 4 ^ which = 16+49 = 65
    Sorry 😬😬
    no k=65 not root 65... root 65 is the radius and it didnt ask for that

ReputationRep:
    Core 1 was much easier than previous papers

ReputationRep:
    Here are my answers to the questions I can remember:

Surd question: 75-32 square root 5
    Circle question: equation tangent I got 7x-4y+8=0
    Equation circle (x-5)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 65 (I think I forgot to add on the additional numbers from completing the square and so got this wrong, please let me know)
    Coordinates B I got (12, -7)
    Length CT I got 9.
    Integration question: equation of tangent I got y=-32x-40
    x coordinate of Q I got -5/4
    Area under curve
    I think I correctly got the area under the curve which was 20.25 but after that I just messed up, how many marks do you think I lost for the question? I didn't recognize the whole area of triangle and minus that from area under curve thing.
    Completing the square I got (x-7/2)^2 - 41/4
    There was a transformation question too and I got a translation of 0.5 and -41/4, but looking back I'm not sure if I got the signs right, I think the y value was supposed to be positive in the translation? I'm sure I got that wrong.
    Something about values for k I got k=4 and k=20.
    Then something else about values for k I think it was (or was it x?) And I got k>6 and k<-3/2.
    Another one about finding roots of an equation and I got x= -1+/- square root of 5.
    Remainder theorem I got 20.
    The linear factors I got (x+3)(x-4)^2 (can't remember if the first factor was plus or minus actually, just used the one they gave)
    That's all I can remember at the moment, if anyone else can shed some light on the ones I'm not sure about and tell me roughly how many marks they think I lost?

Also, what do you suppose the grade boundaries are this year?

Edit: I actually just realised that I'm pretty sure my equation for the circle is right, as the equation is (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2=r^2 and i worked out the radius using coordinates for centre and point A then just plugged it into equation.

Also, there was another question that asked for the value of k at a specific point like (3+5k, 4-3k) to the best of my memory, and I got k=-30.

Anyone else?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.