The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME - ICT Edexcel (Living in a digital world) GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lily628
Thought I might as well try to get one together! Of course, I can't remember everything and I'm unsure on the order of things so help would be appreciated!

1. [14]
a. i. A
a. ii. D
a. iii. C
b. ?
c. Router
d. ?
e. The visitor uses data and so there is less bandwidth to go around
f. Creating a Password / Setting up MAC filtering
g. Speakers / Headphones / Remote Control
h. The Law stating that you can't copy/share somebody's original work without their permission
i. ?

2. [14]
a. ?
b. IMAP
c. Blog
d. Some people don't have access to email and so this keeps them informed / doesn't leave them out
e. WPA
f. ?
g. Report the comment / Block the User
h. Lack of IT skills means less well paid job / feeling excluded from friends / Students with internet have more resources

3. [16]
a. ?
b. ?
c. Set up a password for the site?
d. Cookies
e. What images the users look at?
f. ?
g. He can use his laptop to view the photoblog and download an image. He can then connect it to the tablet, for example through a thunderbolt, and transfer the image on to it and save it.

4. [18]
a.?
b.?
c. 'define' www' lol
d. 'define internet' lol
e. Upgrade the processor speed so applications run faster
f. Using a smartwatch you can monitor how many steps you are doing daily, and then through an app on your phone which is synched to it, you can view and analyse this data.
g. Positive: Less paper used through people contacting each other online and people using digital books / Less plastic being used to create packaging
Negative: They require electricity, which uses energy / Many are made from plastic which uses finite resources /

5. [18]
a. What is a secure way of recovering a password? [4]
b. Why can’t the staff use social media? [4]
c. What are the consequences of the availability of personal information online? [8]

The Questions:

Spoiler

1b was size affects the portability
It was a tough paper, it really was. It, at times, had irrelevant Q's to the spec, so Edexcel should lower the grade boundary!

I got 116/200 last year, in total; 4 from C.
I need to get 125+/200 to secure a 'C' grade, IT can fxck off after.
Original post by Adzkii786
That was the most disputed question ever, it said something about "collaborative" so alot of people put wiki, some put forum (makes more sense) and some put blog. Idek what I put

guessing it's going to be Forum... Blog is literally idk wrong i guess. WIKIs are good for collaboration but can be edited by anyone so...... i put forum because that can also be used for collaboration but no one can really damage the website.
Is there a full list of all the answers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending