I think I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smcdonald98)
    Was it not proving it was always positive? I completed the square
    yeah, didn't think of that, hopefully scrape a few marks in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrytqo)
    how were you meant to prove always negstive for 7 part i and ii??
    Complete to square in each part

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the partial fractions, i think i got 1 - 1/x - 1/x^2 + 2/(x-1)

ReputationRep:
    For the partial fractions, i think i got 1 - 1/x - 1/x^2 + 2/(x-1)
    i got exactly that happy days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobfish13)
    I got 0.230 I think???
    i got something like that too! cant remember exactly but mine worked

ReputationRep:
    Any answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparklez10)
    i got something like that too! cant remember exactly but mine worked
    I got 0.230 as well

ReputationRep:
    For 7 I used the discriminant to show it didnt cross the x axis then picked a value to show it was positive.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys do for 7 part ii? I differentiated it twice to see if d2y/dx2 was greater than 0 but not sure if thats correct

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys do for 7 part ii? I differentiated it twice to see if d2y/dx2 was greater than 0 but not sure if thats correct
    I differentiated and manipulated it until it became -2(x^2-x+2)/e^(2x). The bit in the bracket was what we proved as always positive in 7(i) and e^(2x) is always positive. The -2 means that its always negative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iam_joshedwards)
    I differentiated and manipulated it until it became -2(x^2-x+2)/e^(2x). The bit in the bracket was what we proved as always positive in 7(i) and e^(2x) is always positive. The -2 means that its always negative.
    I did that as well but differentiated again, how many marks do you reckon i'll lose?

ReputationRep:
    does everyone reckon grade boundaries will be low because it was a stinkin paper? like i did all the past papers and 5/6 of them twice and still found the paper v difficult!

ReputationRep:
    does everyone reckon grade boundaries will be low because it was a stinkin paper? like i did all the past papers and 5/6 of them twice and still found the paper v difficult!
    I hope so I'm pretty certain I got about 62 but don't know if that would even be close to an A😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomFitness)
    I hope so I'm pretty certain I got about 62 but don't know if that would even be close to an A😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i think i may have gotten around 60-62 too!! i know everyone in my school came out of the exam having found it very difficult so hopefully that shows in low grades!!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think i may have gotten around 60-62 too!! i know everyone in my school came out of the exam having found it very difficult so hopefully that shows in low grades!!!!
    It will technically be at least an A as 60/75 is 80% (and we can assume grades will definitely not be scaled down) but it's pretty **** that getting an A* now is going to be very hard. Even looking at past papers any of them would never require you to form an equation like qu6. I'm just ranting now😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok that was definitely the hardest c3 by far, they have to lower the grade boundary for that. I was really hoping for an A* as well but it seems like i got around 66/75. Looks like ill have to ace c4 now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping an a* will be 67 since it was a hard paper

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to the paper?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.