Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buymoria)
    Can you resit FP1 in A2 year?
    You would have to talk to your tutor/teacher about resiting it in A2, but I know you have the option to resit the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buymoria)
    Can you resit FP1 in A2 year?
    That's what I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    what a beauty of a paper!!

ReputationRep:
    Great paper! Really hope I got 72/72, might have dropped a couple on the Argand diagram question though.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    It was alright accept I couldn't do the last question

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone get root 3 -3i for z

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallo.C)
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
    The paper finished about 10 minutes ago, give people time.

ReputationRep:
    The roots of the z after the substitution were 9+40i and 9-40i I believe, so you needed to use both other parts of the question to get a solution. Mine did involve some nasty fractions though, something over 41 I think, so I doubt I got it fully correct.

ReputationRep:
    What the actual **** was that paper 😭😭😭 I felt so prepared but now I'm 99% sure I just got a U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harpreetrai3)
    no it was -3 + 9j, you had to rearrange the modulus and arguement form to get z - (-3 + 4j) and z - (-3 + 6j)
    I think you did the MEI paper.

ReputationRep:
    no it was -3 + 9j, you had to rearrange the modulus and arguement form to get z - (-3 + 4j) and z - (-3 + 6j)
    Which question was this for? The numbers don't look familiar :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    I think you did the MEI paper.
    oh **** my bad i am

ReputationRep:
    What exam board r u because we didn't have an triangle question on ocr

ReputationRep:
    That paper was so nice compared to M2 ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but that exam was awful. I felt so prepared for it but that just through me. I nearly cried in the C1, but this one did make me cry. Bring on the retakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gander01)
    The roots of the z after the substitution were 9+40i and 9-40i I believe, so you needed to use both other parts of the question to get a solution. Mine did involve some nasty fractions though, something over 41 I think, so I doubt I got it fully correct.
    That sounds right to me. I checked the four different roots on my calculator and they were correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metasysta)
    I'm sorry, but that exam was awful. I felt so prepared for it but that just through me. I nearly cried in the C1, but this one did make me cry. Bring on the retakes.
    Same same same same

Good luck, hopefully you've done better than you think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    That sounds right to me. I checked the four different roots on my calculator and they were correct.
    I got the exact same thing, I was so annoyed I only figured out how to find intersection points in the last minute so I didn't fully finish the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DSG7799)
    That paper was so nice compared to M2 ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There just wasn't enough time for that M2 paper, I wrote frantically the whole time and only did around 2/3 of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.