Personality disorders: my experience

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValeriaMGD)
    Thank you for sharing your story. Sending you hugs. I suffer from anxiety, and used to have ED as well. What helped me the most was exercise (finding something I love, set goals and work everyday towards it while enjoying it) and my boyfriend (unconditional support). I've been 2 years ED-free and 10 months of no self-harm! Keep going
    Hiya and thank you. :hugs: I go to the gym weekly and I take a long walk weekly, but I find exercise doesn't help much, even though I have targets. It's just a distraction for around 15 minutes and then I get bored of it (even though I stick each session/walk out). Congratulations to you though, that's great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Hiya and thank you. :hugs: I go to the gym weekly and I take a long walk weekly, but I find exercise doesn't help much, even though I have targets. It's just a distraction for around 15 minutes and then I get bored of it (even though I stick each session/walk out). Congratulations to you though, that's great!
    I think it's not exercise itself, the point is finding something you really enjoy. For example, I used to work out on the machines and walk on the treadmill and it was extremely boring. I did it because I was obsessed with being skinny, not because I liked going to the gym. I discovered crossfit two years later when I moved to another town and only then I started to enjoy exercising and actually went to the gym because it really felt good
    It doesn't have to be exercise, it can be painting, singing, dancing, play a sport, writing, doing yoga, play with your pet if you have one... Just try to find something that makes you happy, and dedicate a part of the day to that activity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValeriaMGD)
    I think it's not exercise itself, the point is finding something you really enjoy. For example, I used to work out on the machines and walk on the treadmill and it was extremely boring. I did it because I was obsessed with being skinny, not because I liked going to the gym. I discovered crossfit two years later when I moved to another town and only then I started to enjoy exercising and actually went to the gym because it really felt good
    It doesn't have to be exercise, it can be painting, singing, dancing, play a sport, writing, doing yoga, play with your pet if you have one... Just try to find something that makes you happy, and dedicate a part of the day to that activity
    I'm trying, believe me on that, but it's much harder than everyone thinks.

Apologies, I'm in a rather miserable mood.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing

Thankfully you have meaningful support.

Thanks for sharing! I love how everyone is getting brave enough to share about their MH.

It's nice knowing you're not the only one struggling with mental health problems but then also quite sad because I don't want anyone to have to go through this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Thanks for sharing

Thankfully you have meaningful support.
    Just so you know, I don't dance for him either. :moon:

(Thanks for reading. :hugs:)

(Original post by StrawbAri)
    Thanks for sharing! I love how everyone is getting brave enough to share about their MH.

It's nice knowing you're not the only one struggling with mental health problems but then also quite sad because I don't want anyone to have to go through this
    I think this is the most indepth I've been on TSR although I do post in MHSS a bit.

Thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Just so you know, I don't dance for him either. :moon:

(Thanks for reading. :hugs:)

I think this is the most indepth I've been on TSR although I do post in MHSS a bit.

Thank you :hugs:
    Then I must team up with him to coerce you such that we might both indulge in the benefits :lol:

No problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have BPD and it's draining me so much...
    Hiya,

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hugs: I know how you feel, I've been there. Are you receiving any treatment or on any medication? If you need a chat, my inbox is always open. :hugs:

Cesca

ReputationRep:
    Bumping this thread because it is World Mental Health Day! :woo: Please ask any questions you have on my experience, or about mental health in general.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.