Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metellaest)
    Speaking of grass, I thought that question in chemistry was awfully worded. Filtration right? Why not ask it in a normal way?

Uhhh... and I'm about to cry cos English Lit is next week and I haven't looked at my notes in a month...
    yes!! the filtration question took me 12 years lol. ugh same im revising now and im just so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    yes!! the filtration question took me 12 years lol. ugh same im revising now and im just so confused

I know. Exams are slowly killing me (next week is official death week: 4 english exams, dual physics, greek, two latin papers)...

Are you doing CIE as well?

ReputationRep:
    You know those terrible questions they set that are aimed at like E grades but are actually deceptively difficult? I hate them. Once I did a question something like:

"Here is an old weight. It says it's 100g. Somebody weighs it. Oops, it's actually 98g. Is there something wrong with the scale?"

That's meant to be easy but I still got it wrong. I wish it was just equations and definitions all the way through... *sigh*
    This may sound really stupid, but what is the answer to this question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florrieeirrolf)
    This may sound really stupid, but what is the answer to this question?
    Not at all! I think it was no: in the real question the scale's answer to d.p so you could say that it wasn't wrong as it was clearly precise: either the weight had its value rounded up, or it had 'worn away' (which I don't think is very likely) over time...

ReputationRep:
    I know. Exams are slowly killing me (next week is official death week: 4 english exams, dual physics, greek, two latin papers)...

Are you doing CIE as well?
    damn :O i have like 6 exams next week. i do edexcel igcse x

ReputationRep:
    damn :O i have like 6 exams next week. i do edexcel igcse x
    Best of luck

Let me know if you're confused about any physics and I'll see if I can help

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck

Let me know if you're confused about any physics and I'll see if I can help
    okay, thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any good revision booklets or revision notes for Edexcel igcse physics or any resources they can provide as I think that would be very beneficial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerdragonfire1)
    Does anybody have any good revision booklets or revision notes for Edexcel igcse physics or any resources they can provide as I think that would be very beneficial
    There are some decent revision blogs out there that go through the spec points one-by-one. In Easter I found an incredible one that had a public setting, but it was then made private so you can't see it any more...

If you need help on a specific topic, I'd be happy to send some notes...

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend you to buy the Edexcel IGCSE Physics CGP Revision Guide.

ReputationRep:
    @soniabhayani Look at this!!!

ReputationRep:
    guys what do you think will come up? predictions so far from people i know:
    -forces, turning effects of forces, and movement
    -deffo electricity
    -waves - maybe light waves or the em spectrum
    -energy transfer
    -radioactivity, maybe the uses of alpha, beta and gamma rays
    -something about magnetism i wasnt really paying attention
    -and then a graph to draw and like answer questions about

what do you think will come up? and do you think it'll be harder/easier than chem/bio?
    There will be definitions asked such as voltage, efficiency, current etc. there will also be a graph and Radioactivity. That is all i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdullah Khan)
    There will be definitions asked such as voltage, efficiency, current etc. there will also be a graph and Radioactivity. That is all i know
    Ugh I need to memorise definitions -.- that sucks

ReputationRep:
    Nah physics is a lot easier if you guys think about it logically, its basically a common sense exam with a small bit of basic knowledge of some topics.
    TOP TIP:
    Revise the equations off by heart. Equations equate to about 58% of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSETANK)
    Nah physics is a lot easier if you guys think about it logically, its basically a common sense exam with a small bit of basic knowledge of some topics.
    TOP TIP:
    Revise the equations off by heart. Equations equate to about 58% of the paper.
    Phew that is a reassuring statistic. Equations I can do - 'common sense' I can't...

How's everyone feeling about it tomorrow? It's a really bad day to do it as I get the impression most people today are bogged down with Latin/Drama/Geography...

ReputationRep:
    Ben Ryder on YouTube has really useful videos for each topic of the physics syllabus

ReputationRep:
    Also - DrPhysicsA on youtube- they are a bit long for every topic - but if there's a topic you really struggle with, he explains it very thoroughly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ranveen Pandhal)
    @soniabhayani Look at this!!!
    I amm! haha thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonia_bhayani)
    I amm! haha thanks
    Welcome!

ReputationRep:
    If you see this message early enough, could you send me the document to my emails ?
    [email protected]
    Thx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.