Social policy cam up last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.aladetoun)
    Your exam is on the 23rd
    New spec is 24th. I'm doing it as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeless.student)
    I need predictions for the upcoming sociology exam on family and households on 23rd may, bear in mind this is the new spec!

Please i need all the help i can get on likely topics to come up, thank you!!:-)
    Have you done the exam today?

Apparently its more likely to be theories like feminists or marxists

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any predictions for what the 20 markers are going to be for the AS Sociology AQA exam tomorrow (24th may) morning?

ReputationRep:
    No the exam is tomorrow at 9:00, oh I hope it's feminist !
    (Original post by chloemistry)
    Have you done the exam today?

Apparently its more likely to be theories like feminists or marxists

ReputationRep:
    any ideas on the 2, 4 and 6 markers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hakeem.419)
    Demographics is the worst likely 20 marker to come up although once you establish the trends i.e. increase in divorce, decrease in marriage etc it's easy to elaborate on why it's happening - the impact of feminism or social policy
    Yes, but if it's demography, it won't be linked to marriage or divorce. That's sort of a seperate topic in the spec - changing family patterns, family diversity, that sort of thing.

If it's demography, it will be one of these

- falling death rate
    - ageing population (please, god no)
    - falling birth rate

This is what my teacher told me.

Also, I said this on the other thread, but my teacher said childhood & demography are most likely to come up for the essay. Theories is also possible, but less so, and social policy was a maybe but probably not. Family diversity and couples, according to my teacher, were definitely not going to come up as they had in the re-takers AS exam.

ReputationRep:
    no the exam is tomorrow at 9:00, oh i hope it's feminist !
    the heart attack I just had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyFaye)
    the heart attack I just had.
    Hahah

ReputationRep:
    How lucky, demography, childhood and social policy are my worst topics
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Yes, but if it's demography, it won't be linked to marriage or divorce. That's sort of a seperate topic in the spec - changing family patterns, family diversity, that sort of thing.

If it's demography, it will be one of these

- falling death rate
    - ageing population (please, god no)
    - falling birth rate

This is what my teacher told me.

Also, I said this on the other thread, but my teacher said childhood & demography are most likely to come up for the essay. Theories is also possible, but less so, and social policy was a maybe but probably not. Family diversity and couples, according to my teacher, were definitely not going to come up as they had in the re-takers AS exam.

ReputationRep:
    Any health predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No the exam is tomorrow at 9:00, oh I hope it's feminist !
    Hello I'm assuming you have already done the exam. Could you tell me what they asked on the families and households please

ReputationRep:
    I need predictions for the upcoming sociology exam on family and households on 23rd may, bear in mind this is the new spec!

Please i need all the help i can get on likely topics to come up, thank you!!:-)
    Hello I'm assuming you have already done the exam . Would you be able to tell me what questions came up?

ReputationRep:
    is the content in this paper 2 sociology exam only families and households, and research methods? Thanks

(Original post by schaeferkira)
    is the content in this paper 2 sociology exam only families and households, and research methods? Thanks
    Yes it is

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.