The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PTS_99
Ah N5 Computing. Happy memories. Got an A and took it to Higher.

If anybody wants help with anything give me a shout

And btw, if you haven't finished the course by now, I would be very worried...

I'm planning on taking computing science to higher, do you think it's a good option?
Reply 21
Original post by Ethan100
What did you get for the assignment ? And wow an A :redface: :biggrin:

I got 90% in the assignment (54/60) last year which I was really happy with. Yeah I was very pleased with my A, especially as it's what I want to go and do at uni.

Original post by Lewis H01
I'm planning on taking computing science to higher, do you think it's a good option?

I can thoroughly recommend CfE H Computing Science to anybody who enjoyed N5, and to those who are good with problem solving and computers in general. The course is much the same as N5 - same 2 units, etc - with a lot of the same content, however more content is added - for example you learn about subroutines and parameter passing in the SDD unit.
I really enjoy computing, probably the subject Im most best at :biggrin: Have you guys received your assignment results out of /60 ?

Yeah, I got 56/60 in my assignment. So yeah I guess that's good. My teacher told me that if I get 54% in the exam I can still get an A which is good
Reply 23
anyone know if the exam makes 60% of your overall grade or is it the other way round
Reply 24
Original post by yeolk
anyone know if the exam makes 60% of your overall grade or is it the other way round

The exam is worth 60% and the assignment is worth 40% so yeah you're right!
Reply 25
Original post by alx2000
The exam is worth 60% and the assignment is worth 40% so yeah you're right!

gotdang i spent ages on my assignment and did so much!! was hoping it was 60% like in tech.... smh
Reply 26
Original post by yeolk
gotdang i spent ages on my assignment and did so much!! was hoping it was 60% like in tech.... smh

My assignment took ages too but it was worth the hard work as I got 56/60. Do you know if every school done the same assignment? What was yours on?
Reply 27
Not every school did the same one because my friend did a different one to me but we may have done the same one...

I did Music Fans

Ah right, I done one on tutors.
Reply 28
Original post by alx2000
Ah right, I done one on tutors.

Same :smile:
Reply 29
Same :smile:

Really! How did you find it?
Reply 30
Original post by alx2000
My assignment took ages too but it was worth the hard work as I got 56/60. Do you know if every school done the same assignment? What was yours on?

Gaming and database for isdd, loads of reports though i think that's what killed me:biggrin: Our teacher wouldn't tell us our marks but i did pretty well in SDD
(edited 7 years ago)
Can somebody please post national 5 computing model papers if thats possible? Thank you!
Does anyone have model papers for national 5 computing science and if so, can someone send them? I'll really appreciate it
Reply 33
Could anyone give me a list for everything I need to know for the exam?

Thanks in advanced...
Could anyone give me a list for everything I need to know for the exam?

Thanks in advanced...

Page 13 and below :smile:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/CfE_CourseUnitSupportNotes_N5_Technologies_ComputingScience.pdf
Model papers??
Reply 37
Original post by Sweet_Candy
Model papers??

I don't have model papers for Computing science...
Original post by Sweet_Candy
Model papers??

Sorry can't help you there. I'm just working through the book I got at school :smile:
Reply 39
How to do Q 11 in section A on the 2015 past paper??

Quick Reply

Latest