Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

10 reasons to vote Leave watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    What are work visas
    What is changing citizenship
    Also, this isn't just about our personal good. There'd be some personal advantages to me voting in, too, but this is above us. This is about acting for the good of all of us, for the country.
    That's all effort to get though. It also comes with a huge cost to UK citizens. Right now I can easily go wherever I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    thank you i have changed my vote now
    Youre such a badman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Why are 1 and 6 bull? Do we currently have the freedom to negotiate our own trade deals? Yes, or no?
    Because the trade deals we negotiate would take ages, and would be far less favourable than if we were in.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    Youre such a badman
    …right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16characterlimit)
    Because the trade deals we negotiate would take ages, and would be far less favourable than if we were in.
    So you admit we can't currently negotiate our trade deals, right? Right.
    Maybe they would take ages, but we could actually have them.
    We can't have less favourable trade deals than we currently have with China, the USA etc because we neither have the deals nor the ability to make them.

ReputationRep:
    Eurosceptics are worse than ISIS, they can seriously harm our country more than those pathetic loons.

really really hate immigrants.
    HAHHAHHAHAH

If we vote out there will be a bubonic plague

The hate immigrants?
    I love good ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    …right
    Keep at it mate, the thug life chose you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    We can't have less favourable trade deals than we currently have with China, the USA etc because we neither have the deals nor the ability to make them.
    The EU is a trade deal, and you'd but substituting it will lots of small s*** ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    HAHHAHHAHAH

The hate immigrants?
    I love good ones
    Laugh but another recession will destroy more lives than Abu Hajar ever could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    A large economy (EU) has much more influence over trade deals than a tiny island (UK). Trade deals are all about money. The UK is in a much worse position to make trade deals than the EU is.

ReputationRep:
    The EU is a trade deal, and you'd but substituting it will lots of small s*** ones.
    There's no reason we couldn't do better. Hell, along with Antarctica, Europe is the only continent not experiencing economic growth. We want to trade with the booming economies, not being stuck keeping a stagnant one on life support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    A large economy (EU) has much more influence over trade deals than a tiny island (UK). Trade deals are all about money. The UK is in a much worse position to make trade deals than the EU is.
    The UK is huge financially and economically through our previous historical success. We've got the City, all gold is traded by London standards etc etc

We aren't a little fish as the Project Fear guys would have you think. Have some pride in your nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    There's no reason we couldn't do better. Hell, along with Antarctica, Europe is the only continent not experiencing economic growth. We want to trade with the booming economies, not being stuck keeping a stagnant one on life support.
    Europe is experiencing growth though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    HAHHAHHAHAH

The hate immigrants?
    I love good ones
    saw a cbi report that said england would sink back into the sea

scary stuff

ReputationRep:
    I feel like most of the British expats a.k.a emigrants are going to vote to stay in. I'm all for Brexit but I'm just worried about the economy if we leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    The UK is huge financially and economically through our previous historical success. We've got the City, all gold is traded by London standards etc etc

We aren't a little fish as the Project Fear guys would have you think. Have some pride in your nation.
    UK < EU in economy. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    Europe is experiencing growth though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    But by itself Europe is indeed experiencing growth. You're just comparing it to others. And the UK will be part of Europe whether we leave the EU or not. They are our biggest trading partner. If anything we should be helping them. If the EU dies, the UK dies with it, regardless of it we left or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Yes, there is a reason we couldn't do better, we have less influence out of the EU, we would be exposed to EU tariffs, which will 100% happen since that's the entire bloody point of it. USA would rather deal with EU as a whole than case by case basis, and we have weaker negotiating power. The EU managed to force George W Bush to back down on a steel tariff by retaliating with tariffs on marginal states for his election, you think they would give a **** if it was just us shouting at them across the sea? Not to mention it takes time to make these deals, why sever a perfectly good one. And all that sweet investment we get from Japanese car companies, Banks and tech companies? Yeah we can kiss that good bye.

FURTHERMORE, do you realise how damaging Brexit is for higher education? There's a reason unis are overwhelmingly pro Europe. Bye bye Erasmus, bye bye EU funding (only thing left thanks to Tories), bye bye science and technology collaboration.

Oh yeah and our farm subsidies would go too.

ReputationRep:
    UK < EU in economy. End of story.
    That's not a true statement though, 9/10 of the nations we had a trade surplus with last year were non-EU nations. Our biggest was in Switzerland!

We don't even need a trade deal with Europe, but they'll be desperate for one. They need to keep their goods flowing into the UK.

The EU's trade deals are only worth a tiny £5.23 trillion. Switzerland's are worth £29.2 trillion, Singapore's are £35.5 trillion and South Koreas are £45 trillion! Even if we include the EU's own internal market as if it was a trade deal, it's still only worth £18.14 trillion.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.