The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Topics 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Starting revision now... First time i'm touching chemistry again
Forgotten everything after paper 1 :frown: Which was easy, but I screwed it up big time
So I need 55+ In paper 2 for my A*

IVE FORGOTTEN SO MUCH

Where do I start :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
Starting revision now... First time i'm touching chemistry again
Forgotten everything after paper 1 :frown: Which was easy, but I screwed it up big time
So I need 55+ In paper 2 for my A*

IVE FORGOTTEN SO MUCH

Where do I start :frown:

Electrolysis
Original post by DrPeter
Electrolysis

Agreed :smile:
Getting mid 40s in papers.. Awful :frown:
Reply 23

Next, Diamond/ Graphite/ fullerenes/ structure and bonding (S and B), differences, uses (and explain in terms of S and B). Maybe comparison of (one of) these with other substances (S and B).
Reply 24

Do you need any info?
Original post by DrPeter
Do you need any info?

I should be fine thanks.. :smile: Just going to relearn about 26 topics ive written down -__-

Just concerns me how everyone is so confident, and gets in there high 50s. Yet not that many people get A*s... Shocking
Reply 26
Original post by DrPeter
Next, Diamond/ Graphite/ fullerenes/ structure and bonding (S and B), differences, uses (and explain in terms of S and B). Maybe comparison of (one of) these with other substances (S and B).

I'm not sure if I'm being stupid here, but I have no idea what "S and B" are. Could you explain please?
Reply 27
Original post by F0X
I'm not sure if I'm being stupid here, but I have no idea what "S and B" are. Could you explain please?

As explained in the bracket, S = Structure and B = Bonding. Good Luck !!
Anyone here done the paper 2CR yet? :redface:
Reply 29
good luck everyone!
Reply 30
Original post by nusquam
Anyone here done the paper 2CR yet? :redface:

How did you find it, pretty fair?
I am trying not to poo my underwear for this exam :nooo:
Original post by DrPeter
How did you find it, pretty fair?

It was pretty decent. I made some careless mistakes, but hopefully I can pull off at least 85%. How did you find it?
How did it go? Is someone posting a mark scheme?
Yeah how did everyone find it? I found it was WAY EASIER that paper 1 so I'm hoping it will bring my terrible grade from paper 1 up - I hope I got all the stuff right! I ended up finishing 20 minutes earlier so I tried to check it a lot. Did anyone bother balancing the equations? And the methyl orange indicator change was from yellow (alkali) to orange (neutral) right?
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Yeah how did everyone find it? I found it was WAY EASIER that paper 1 so I'm hoping it will bring my terrible grade from paper 1 up - I hope I got all the stuff right! I ended up finishing 20 minutes earlier so I tried to check it a lot. Did anyone bother balancing the equations? And the methyl orange indicator change was from yellow (alkali) to orange (neutral) right?

Wow dude can't agree more haha! Paper 2 way easier, I found paper 1 hard asf.
I'm pretty sure you had to balance the equations if they needed numbers in front of them, and also I put yellow to orange as well
Calculations:

the faradays one was 180g

the concordant results was 22.53 (recurring)

2.75g for mass of co2
and 1500cm3 for volume
(i think thats all there was)
Reply 37
Does anyone remember when they got for the faradays question and the last question on moles?
Reply 38
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4167189

trying to create an unofficial mark scheme here
Reply 39
Why did the student heat/warm the acid? In the question about making salts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending