Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    It was an average paper for me. Luckily, I got 48/50 in the practical exam, so with a bit of luck, I should have got an A*. What did everyone write for the last 6 mark question, the question about when an 800m runner would need fast reactions, the question about interval training for 10000m and 100m runners, the question about priority groups, and the question about why the elite basketball player would be a good coach?
    I also got 48/50 haha. For the last six mark question I wrote about antagonistic muscle pairs, flexion and extension, isotonic movement, how the skeletal system supports movement etc. I hope I got that right!

ReputationRep:
    What did eveyone write for the initiative question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpmepickone)
    would this be right as well
    I wrote
    they need to have reaction time when the opponents make a slight mistake and he capitalise on it and overtake them
    well something along the lines of that
    yeah that sounds about right, you just said it the other way round to me

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the Edexcel PE exam ?

ReputationRep:
    I said they needed RT to know exactly when to dip their head before the finish line to come first

ReputationRep:
    what, you wrote 'inflatable vest'?
    yes, to prevent a person from drowning. Not sure if it is right though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolol9)
    What did eveyone write for the initiative question?
    For the other aim I wrote that they create opportunities for talented performers to reach elite level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    Thought it was GREAT.........and then i compared my answers with people and realised i read at least 3 of the questions wrong..yay :/
    setting myself up for a fail
    what ones did you get wrong?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the 'why are performance enhancing drugs banned?'
    i wrote the following reasons:
    1) they are obviously giving athletes an unfair advantage over participants that don't use drugs- (gave an example of beta blockers)

2) They do lots of physical damage to your body and have harmful side effects
    (gave example of beta blockers side effects so thats seriously low BP and dehydration)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fxli9)
    i wrote the following reasons:
    1) they are obviously giving athletes an unfair advantage over participants that don't use drugs- (gave an example of beta blockers)

2) They do lots of physical damage to your body and have harmful side effects
    (gave example of beta blockers side effects so that's seriously low BP and dehydration)
    1. i said that they by using the drugs they have an advantage, therefore, it's not fair on the others

2.also,that young people look up to role models and therefore if they take it then it will have an negative impact on them and the younger generation

ReputationRep:
    1. i said that they by using the drugs they have an advantage, therefore, it's not fair on the others

2.also,that young people look up to role models and therefore if they take it then it will have an negative impact on them and the younger generation
    yeah it sounds right but its hard to tell because both our answers make sense

ReputationRep:
    We need an unofficial mark scheme 🤔👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fxli9)
    yeah it sounds right but its hard to tell because both our answers make sense
    yh true

(Original post by Rof74)
    We need an unofficial mark scheme 🤔👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can u get it?

ReputationRep:
    you know the risk assessment, question where you had the ice hockey picture and the sailing picture. For the sailing picture i wrote you may drown for the risk and to prevent this i wrote 'inflatable vest' cos my mind went blank and yh
    would i get a mark for that?
    That's correct since I asked my PE teacher. I went the difficult way and said the sail would reduce the force of the wind on the boat preventing it from tipping over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    That's correct since I asked my PE teacher. I went the difficult way and said the sail would reduce the force of the wind on the boat preventing it from tipping over.
    o okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the balanced diet 6 mark question and the qustion where it said how can you test agility and speed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaime gotch)
    What did everyone write for the balanced diet 6 mark question and the question where it said how can you test agility and speed
    for diet one i talked about macro and micro nutrients and then talked about y each one is important

for agility question I wrote
    get cones and set them up in a line 10m apart from each other and then you can improve ur agility by running in and out of it
    and for speed I wrote
    get 2 cones and set them up 35m apart from each other and then I said to sprint from the first cone to the other cone

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the 'why are performance enhancing drugs banned?'
    I talked about:

1. the fact they carry severe side effects(and gave examples)
    2. the fact it is "not in the theme of sport" and gives players an unfair advantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureDietitian)
    I talked about:

1. the fact they carry severe side effects(and gave examples)
    2. the fact it is "not on the theme of sport" and gives players an unfair advantage
    do you think I would get a mark for saying
    young people look up at athletes as role models, therefore, it would have a bad impact on the younger generation and themselves

ReputationRep:
    do you think I would get a mark for saying
    young people look up at athletes as role models, therefore, it would have a bad impact on the younger generation and themselves
    Yes, you would get the mark. But seriously, the exam is over now; stop checking every question because it will just build up negative feelings within you with each question you realise you answered incorrectly. Forget about PE and spend your time more effectively revising for other examinations; if you are well prepared, you will feel so happy and confident after the exam thus you will feel it is completely unnecessary to log onto TSR and check you answer afterwards.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.