Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do in a Zombie Apocalypse watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwynLordOfCinder)
    Daaamn, that's nice. What's the story behind you getting it? Did you just decide you wanted one?
    I've always loved fantasy games such as Skyrim and Dark Souls and I've pretty much always liked the idea of having a sword but my mum wouldn't let me get weapons so I waited until I'd moved out and bought one then haha

ReputationRep:
    I would put all my years of watching zombie films into action. Do you know how? By not doing the dumb as fudge things they did in the films, like who the fudge would face up to zombies. Just blooming barricade yourself, don't try and be a hero,cuz in reality you'll blooming die. I don't fancy having my beautiful face eaten by fugly dead prats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I've always loved fantasy games such as Skyrim and Dark Souls and I've pretty much always liked the idea of having a sword but my mum wouldn't let me get weapons so I waited until I'd moved out and bought one then haha
    Dark Souls ay? :sexface:

That's really cool, I've always wanted a sword too. Do you do anything like HEMA or is it more of a cool thing to have around?

ReputationRep:
    Id get a horse or two.

I've been riding since I was three and I know the ins and outs of horses pretty damn well. I live close to stables anyway and so I know most of the horses there. I live in a fairly rural area of Scotland and so the horses would cope nicely with the terrain. I'd take two so if one tires I can switch or I can use one as a pack animal for carrying my supplies.

Horses also don't require fuel. A Range Rover is nice but it needs a lot of petrol. Fuel is going to run out sooner or later while a sturdy cob or native highland pony can cope on grass year round without any need to refuel. It's unlikely that a virus could transmit to other animals and a horse can easily out run a zombie even at a canter or even a trot! Horses have heightened instincts too and so it's likely that my horses would act as an early warning system too. Horses, especially the surefooted highland breed I have in mind, make no more noise than a deer in a forested area and perhaps a zombie wouldn't be able to detect me on the back of a horse (especially if there's two horses with me) or be confused by the smell of the horses. I'd also avoid using guns or at least use a silencer to avoid attracting more attention from zombies. I'd go medieval and use a bow and arrow to catch deer or I'd set traps to catch smaller prey such as rabbits. I've tried my hand at archery before and I'm fairly decent at it and so I'd perhaps be able to fashion a bow from hand? Guns would be easier to get my hands on as I know a lot of farmers and live close to a gun shop anyway. However if I was to select a weapon for close combat a light sword (like a katana) or a baseball bat would be my weapon of choice out of the need to avoid attracting more zombies. No idea where I'd find a katana around here so I'm guessing id go with baseball bat!

I'd move as a group in a zombie apocalypse and so I'd have a group of hopefully decent riders moving together until we reach a possible sanctuary. If a cluster of humans were surviving In some kind of safe compound together it's likely that a horse would be a valuable commodity for ploughing, transport and even food purposes in a rough winter.

It's not a foolproof plan but it should keep me alive at least!

ReputationRep:
    Dark Souls ay? :sexface:

That's really cool, I've always wanted a sword too. Do you do anything like HEMA or is it more of a cool thing to have around?
    Yes, Gwyn, don't think your username and picture escaped my notice Bloodborne is pretty awesome too though, the soundtrack is amazing

I don't do any combat or sports with it, I'm not sure it would be allowed even if it is un-sharpened. It's always good man-attractant though, lads always get excited when I get it out
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Get your mind out of the gutter

ReputationRep:
    I would, for the first time ever, thoroughly regret being an épéeist rather than a sabreur.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Gwyn, don't think your username and picture escaped my notice Bloodborne is pretty awesome too though, the soundtrack is amazing

I don't do any combat or sports with it, I'm not sure it would be allowed even if it is un-sharpened. It's always good man-attractant though, lads always get excited when I get it out
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Get your mind out of the gutter
    Honestly, The Elder Scrolls and Souls series are two of my favourite video game series of all time. Bloodborne is brilliant, I don't have my own PS4 tho so I have to play it at my friend's

I'm not sure what the rules are, it's always looked fun to me but there are no classes/gatherings near me :/
    hahaha I imagine it is, maybe it's a compensating thing for them? :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my mind is perfectly clean :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Depends.

If it is just the dead coming back, I wouldn't worry because Zombies in reality really wouldn't be that dangerous, they're slow, they can't heal any damage they take, not intelligent enough to circumvent natural barriers or artificial barriers and it is incredibly difficult to bite hard enough to actually penetrate skin especially when your muscles are rotting away.

If there is a preceding disease that kills like 95% of the population or something before hand, regardless of what I do the world is screwed because if no one is maintaining out nuclear power plants they'll all go critical we'll die from the radiation.

If there is a safe haven such as a part of the world still functioning and safe (that can deal with the nuclear powerplants), I grab my sword, my bow, collect family and get them there.

ReputationRep:
    watch shaun of the dead

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, The Elder Scrolls and Souls series are two of my favourite video game series of all time. Bloodborne is brilliant, I don't have my own PS4 tho so I have to play it at my friend's

I'm not sure what the rules are, it's always looked fun to me but there are no classes/gatherings near me :/
    hahaha I imagine it is, maybe it's a compensating thing for them? :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my mind is perfectly clean :innocent:
    Same I wish they'd release it onto PC, it's such an awesome looking game, it's just so cool how it goes from being a werewolf hunt to fighting Lovecraftian alien god-thingies so quickly

We have a fencing club in our city I think its a fiver per session. I imagine it would be a good workout and a fun one too

I don't know, guys like swords and guns don't they?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by thefatone)
    bend my willy back into my butt then i can die not a virgin anymore
    LMAOOO :rofl:

Nothing lol

Zombies don't want my brain, it's worthless to them

ReputationRep:
    Same I wish they'd release it onto PC, it's such an awesome looking game, it's just so cool how it goes from being a werewolf hunt to fighting Lovecraftian alien god-thingies so quickly

We have a fencing club in our city I think its a fiver per session. I imagine it would be a good workout and a fun one too

I don't know, guys like swords and guns don't they?
    Yeah, it's definitely an amazingly creative game in like every way. The combat, the story, the atmosphere, the level design.

Yeah we have a fencing society at my uni, I joined it on freshers week but I've not been since lol. Fencing doesn't seem as fun a using "actual" swords though

Well I do :yep:
    I'm sure a lot of guys would be pretty impressed if you whipped out your longsword for them

ReputationRep:
    Cut out the teeth/arms of two zombies and use them as my guards to deter other zombies then raid Lidl and steal all the Daim cake and be happy

ReputationRep:
    Make a "im in a zombie apocalypse - AMA" thread on TSR
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Played every zombie game & seen every zombie film going since I was a kid. Big and strong. Have been to several shooting ranges. Happy to live off tinned food and water until further notice. Though I'm **** at running but if they were walkers rather than runners then I'd do very well I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Jump on my dragon and fly to mars.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what type of zombie. Are they walkers, runners, mutants, brutes,boomers, witches, howlers and so on?

Wow! I played a lot of zombie games come to think of it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    LMAOOO :rofl:
    This is why children shouldn't read my posts

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.