Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec) Watch

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    Was it just me or was the exam very biological approach heavy, and lacking in psychodynamic approach besides Little Hans. I now fear that I misread a question somewhere.

I mucked it up royally especially the key issue (which I hope was biological i know fear was a different approach), and 12 marker which was my downfall last year! I don't think any of retakes went overly well

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone write for 'Why freud used the horse in little hans' dream to represent the father?'
    there was a lot of biological based questions this year ;\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviamkc)
    Was it just me or was the exam very biological approach heavy, and lacking in psychodynamic approach besides Little Hans. I now fear that I misread a question somewhere.

I mucked it up royally especially the key issue (which I hope was biological i know fear was a different approach), and 12 marker which was my downfall last year! I don't think any of retakes went overly well
    the biological approach was heavy! i felt like they missed out a lot of spec points -.-
    and yes the key issue was based on the biological approach .. yet again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dharaa)
    what did everyone write for 'Why freud used the horse in little hans' dream to represent the father?'
    there was a lot of biological based questions this year ;\

Ok few so I didn't just misread all of the questions!

in short i wrote The black around the horses mouth = his father's mustache. And the stuff around the horses eyes was symbolic of his father's glasses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviamkc)

Key issue was on biological approach indeed.

What did everyone put for filling in the gaps questions?

ReputationRep:
    Model, older, primary reinforcement (as it said out for dinner) and motivation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julieplec)
    Model, older, primary reinforcement (as it said out for dinner) and motivation
    I think I put, Role model, same sex (female) and Vicarious reinforcement. I know i got the last one wrong though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    I think I put, Role model, same sex (female) and Vicarious reinforcement. I know i got the last one wrong though lol
    What did you put for the last one? I must have misread the question but I thought it asked for the type of reinforcement for the mother

ReputationRep:
    I did the same... Didn't know the last one

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the last one? I must have misread the question but I thought it asked for the type of reinforcement for the mother
    The question was asking why her daughter copies her the mother I think

I got the last one completely wrong although i think the right answer was Motivation from what ive heard, so you got that correct - they may also accept model as an answer instead of role model so I think you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    The question was asking why her daughter copies her the mother I think

I got the last one completely wrong although i think the right answer was Motivation from what ive heard, so you got that correct - they may also accept model as an answer instead of role model so I think you should be fine
    I hope so I thought I'd got 70-ish marks but now I'm worrying.
    What did you put for the multi choice questions (bandura and the Freud one) I put phallic stage and range of ages even though they were only 3-5 but I didn't see it being any of the others

ReputationRep:
    I hope so I thought I'd got 70-ish marks but now I'm worrying.
    What did you put for the multi choice questions (bandura and the Freud one) I put phallic stage and range of ages even though they were only 3-5 but I didn't see it being any of the others
    I also put Phallic stage for Freud, could you give me the options for Banduras study question? I dont remember it

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody please reassure me I tend to struggle on the simple questions.

Multiple choice: I chose latency and for the laterisation question I chosen it is on the right for boys for spatial tasks
    Gapped questions: I put role model, same sex (female), vicarious reinforcement and motivation.

What did everyone put for the first two questions which where about the littering in the street?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCBruh)
    Could somebody please reassure me I tend to struggle on the simple questions.

Multiple choice: I chose latency and for the laterisation question I chosen it is on the right for boys for spatial tasks
    Gapped questions: I put role model, same sex (female), vicarious reinforcement and motivation.

What did everyone put for the first two questions which where about the littering in the street?
    Your gapped answers seem perfect, although it was phallic stage and not latency.

for lateralisation, spatial tasks located on the right for the boys is correct

ReputationRep:
    I also put Phallic stage for Freud, could you give me the options for Banduras study question? I dont remember it
    It was something like;
    They were familiar with the bobo doll (I read that they didn't know what it was on a precious mark scheme)
    Behaviour was decided before the results or something like that
    Range of ages used

Don't remember the 4th option, I'm so annoyed I misread the vicarious reinforcement question. I liked the fact is was biological heavy though. Hopefully I did well on the evaluation of money too. What did you in the exam last year? I got a B, hoping for an a

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify- was the median 4? I always screw up on free marks like that

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify- was the median 4? I always screw up on free marks like that
    Yes, median was 4, you had to rearrange the numbers from lowest to highest and then find the median

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the 12 marker? i put about brain laterisation, hormones and genes but i didnt put anything about sex determination(HY antigen and that)?

ReputationRep:
    It was something like;
    They were familiar with the bobo doll (I read that they didn't know what it was on a precious mark scheme)
    Behaviour was decided before the results or something like that
    Range of ages used

Don't remember the 4th option, I'm so annoyed I misread the vicarious reinforcement question. I liked the fact is was biological heavy though. Hopefully I did well on the evaluation of money too. What did you in the exam last year? I got a B, hoping for an a
    For Banduras study i put they had decided behaviour before the procedure or something because they had inter-rater reliability, and they were looking for things such as kicking, punching swearing etc

I got a B last year as well and I messed up the last bit on the Vicarious reinforcement question and also what did you put for operant conditioning dog question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.