Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    woop woop that time of year again

A2 is harder than AS (wow who knew) but i still need to be able to know and do things like this
    as i am also aiming to expand my knowledge if i look something up i will type it in red

so pls go ahead and post products on here (lol this is probably gonna flop as the majority of my friends who did this last year have now left but lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    **** off
    Wow. Show some appreciation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by truthteller0110)
    Wow. Show some appreciation.
    can you get lost this is my ****ing a level thread

ReputationRep:
    can you get lost this is my ****ing a level thread
    In an increasingly sexualised world the dildo, a pinnacle of the sexual revolution, is likely to appear in your A2 exam.

ReputationRep:
    I'll help you; Look at how the manufacturer included the finer details such as veins and a shrivelled scrotum to make it more realistic. It's even black, since black men have the biggest cocks. It has a suction cup at the end to attach to the floor or the wall.

ReputationRep:
    I'll help you; Look at how the manufacturer included the finer details such as veins and a shrivelled scrotum to make it more realistic. It's even black, since black men have the biggest cocks. It has a suction cup at the end to attach to the floor or the wall.
    I can safely say that your account will be banned in a couple of minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    I can safely say that your account will be banned in a couple of minutes.
    Banned for helping out a student. This is a travesty of justice.

ReputationRep:
    Banned for helping out a student. This is a travesty of justice.
    You are more like an inconvenience. You know that this isn't the product that the student wants.

ReputationRep:
    You are more like an inconvenience. You know that this isn't the product that the student wants.
    Ofc this is an unlikely scenario. however the student must be able to cope with unexpected surprises (not talking about the dildo, I mean the test) so this is good preparation.

ReputationRep:
    Ofc this is an unlikely scenario. however the student must be able to cope with unexpected surprises (not talking about the dildo, I mean the test) so this is good preparation.
    This isn't the kind of suprise that she should be expecting.

ReputationRep:
    Sure!

ReputationRep:
    This isn't the kind of suprise that she should be expecting.
    The best type of surprises are the ones that are unexpected.

ReputationRep:
    CoolCavy Hope these help

Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  balloons.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  100.1 KB

Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    More stuff CoolCavy
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Calculator:
    Injection moulded ABS plastic case (ABS as it is tough and durable which is important as a calculator is transported in a bag and will be knocked about). Screen is a liquid crystal display (LCD) screen if i remember that correctly from when we did TVs. The electronics inside would include a PCB (printed circuit board) as these are small and flat and can be easily mass produced and would include a lithium battery. Buttons would also be injection moulded using plastic pellets of different pigments to colour them. Could be covered with a liquid silicon rubber (LSR) overlay (doesn't look like they are in the photo but as an extension) as this would increase the ergonomics of the buttons and make them more tactile and easier to press. I think that's pretty much it tbh.

Thermos Flask:
    Inner likely made out of a non toxic inert plastic such as PP as plastic is a good thermal insulator. The inner would likely be injection moulded as it would have to fit a very precise size. Outer silver layer made out of an aluminium alloy most likely as aluminium is malleable so is able to be easily formed into shape. Additionally aluminium is non-ferrous so won't corrode if liquid touches it. A drawback of using aluminium is that it can tarnish overtime with heat and becomes streaky with moisture so would need wiping. The aluminium body would be deep drawn as it's depth is greater than it's width (general rule to differentiate between deep drawing and cupping). Cap would probably be press formed to achieve the curved shape at the top. Could also spin the body i suppose and looking at the 'grain' of the metal on the flask it appears that it could have been spun but deep drawing is also a sensible suggestion. Would also be a vacuum between the walls of the flask to reduce heat loss to the environment ideally but the flask looks a bit narrow for that. The base of the flask would be cupped from an aluminium blank. A knocked up seam could be used to attach it to the body as this is a watertight join

Plant Pot:
    Made out of ceramic as ceramic is very resistant to wear and erosion which is important when the product is to be used predominately outside. The ceramic would be slip casted. For the slip casting a mould would be made from plaster in the shape of the pot. The 'slip' would then be added which would be the terracotta clay mixed with water. This would be poured into the mould. The plaster draws the water out of the areas it is in contact with so the ceramic sets from the outside in. How long the ceramic is left to set determines the wall thickness (for a thicker wall the ceramic is left for longer). A hole is then made in the bottom of the plaster mould which allows the slip in the middle to drain out and creates a drainage hole in the actual product (a design feature that is needed). Ceramic then fired to harden it

ReputationRep:
    Calculator:
    Injection moulded ABS plastic case (ABS as it is tough and durable which is important as a calculator is transported in a bag and will be knocked about). Screen is a liquid crystal display (LCD) screen if i remember that correctly from when we did TVs. The electronics inside would include a PCB (printed circuit board) as these are small and flat and can be easily mass produced and would include a lithium battery. Buttons would also be injection moulded using plastic pellets of different pigments to colour them. Could be covered with a liquid silicon rubber (LSR) overlay (doesn't look like they are in the photo but as an extension) as this would increase the ergonomics of the buttons and make them more tactile and easier to press. I think that's pretty much it tbh.
    Hmmm. Mostly correct. There is no LCD screen on this clock as it is an analouge clock. Therefore it has metal/plastic 'hands'.Notice how the colour in the middle of the hand is a white-greenish colour. That is because it is comprised of a different material which glows in the dark (albeit I don't know if you need to mention that).

This is an LCD:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hmmm. Mostly correct. There is no LCD screen on this clock as it is an analouge clock. Therefore it has metal/plastic 'hands'.Notice how the colour in the middle of the hand is a whitish colour. That is because it is comprised of a different material which glows in the dark (albeit I don't know if you need to mention that).
    This is an LCD.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display
    i haven't done the clock yet that was for the calculator, but i appreciate all your help :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    i haven't done the clock yet that was for the calculator, but i appreciate all your help :hugs:
    Oh dear. :facepalm: I am sorry.

It seems that you know your stuff.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh dear. :facepalm: I am sorry.

It seems that you know your stuff.
    dont apologise :hugs: you have helped a lot on this thread already :yes:
    i hope so if not please do correct me cos i treat these like little practise questions and it is better to make mistakes now than later :work:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 28, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.