Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Van Gaal's Last Game (FA Cup Thread) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    This is exactly why it will be a major disappointment for everyone if Man U win. Winning the FA Cup means so much more to Crystal Palace and their fans than Man U and their fans who see it as just another match.

Maybe they should exclude the top 6 league finishers from the following season's competition to give the smaller clubs a chance at winning a trophy.
    Please don't have that opinion. Winning a trophy means a lot to United fans right now. Don't take the opinion of a few terrible posters on this site as the consensus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Please don't have that opinion. Winning a trophy means a lot to United fans right now. Don't take the opinion of a few terrible posters on this site as the consensus.
    So IF this was the scenario (humour me here), which would you pick?

Win FA Cup, Van Gaal stays, poor recruitment again this summer, probably finish outside the top 4 again

OR

Lose the Final, Mourinho comes in and probably brings Zlatan, instant title challenge

It's not even that far-fetched man, cmon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    So IF this was the scenario (humour me here), which would you pick?

Win FA Cup, Van Gaal stays, poor recruitment again this summer, probably finish outside the top 4 again

OR

Lose the Final, Mourinho comes in and probably brings Zlatan, instant title challenge

It's not even that far-fetched man, cmon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LvG is going regardless.

You're telling me that if Martial goes through one-on-one in the 90th minute with a chance to score a winner, you're seriously going to go through the motions of hoping he misses? **** outta here with that ****.

ReputationRep:
    LvG is going regardless.

You're telling me that if Martial goes through one-on-one in the 90th minute with a chance to score a winner, you're seriously going to go through the motions of hoping he misses? **** outta here with that ****.
    I'm not and don't think anyone else here is actively hoping for us to lose. If Martial misses the one-on-one, sure I'll be gutted. If it's announced 3 days later that LvG has left the club, it'll taste pretty sweet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A win is a must. Haven't won the FA Cup since 2004 and this'll be our first trophy since SAF retired. Considering the shower of shite we've been seeing since he retired, it'll bring a smile back on my face and I'm sure on many Utd fan's faces too.

Hopefully LVG is sacked soon after too, that'd put a nice shine on an otherwise dissapointing season.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not and don't think anyone else here is actively hoping for us to lose. If Martial misses the one-on-one, sure I'll be gutted. If it's announced 3 days later that LvG has left the club, it'll taste pretty sweet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You just said you'd prefer a scenario where United lose the final

ReputationRep:
    You just said you'd prefer a scenario where United lose the final
    I didn't, I said I wouldn't be too bothered if we lose. I presented the scenario to show the best and worst case things that will happen if Mourinho comes and Van Gaal stays. I would only prefer to lose the final if the scenarios presented were assured.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GGMU!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't, I said I wouldn't be too bothered if we lose. I presented the scenario to show the best and worst case things that will happen if Mourinho comes and Van Gaal stays. I would only prefer to lose the final if the scenarios presented were assured.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah yeah yeah, **** attitude to have

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care if we were managed by Adolf f'ing Hitler ... a final is a final and you always want to win. Winning a trophy should always be the best feeling in the world and defeat should always hurt.

There's been more hype among match going fans on social media this past week for the Wembley trip than there was for the Champions League final against Barcelona there in 2012.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Yeah nobody gives a toss if we lose apart from probably Kenan
    Doubt anyone cares if we lose tbh. If anything it'll just cement LVG's departure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you both disgust me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    you both disgust me
    See you at Wembley mate
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    LVG is gone even if we win 10-0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    See you at Wembley mate
    you gonna be there in the neutral section?

ReputationRep:
    2-1 to United. Palace to equalise after an early United goal but a late winner to give Van Gaal his 'title' and a cup win for United. He's going for sure - don't think it'll be directly after the game as reports from Spain suggest - but a suitable ending for him. Baffled why Borthwick-Jackson has been dropped..

ReputationRep:
    What's his obsession with Rojo. Guy is awful.
    He'll end up coming off at half time after getting his ass handed to him by Zaha.
    Wasting a sub ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Crikey, never seen a game get opened up like this before.

Seems like we won't be kicking off at 5:30pm at this rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    Crikey, never seen a game get opened up like this before.

Seems like we won't be kicking off at 5:30pm at this rate.
    Inb4 dead 0-0 and penalties

ReputationRep:
    My word, that was painful to watch as she stood there whilst everybody else was singing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.