Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.14uren)
    I'm really worried for geography tomorrow! It will either go one way or the other! How are you feeling about it?
    I have a feeling it may be hard this year seeing as we're the last ones doing the spec. I honestly have just started revision. I'm betting on my short term memory for this.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think a possible 6 mark question on volcanoes would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    I have a feeling it may be hard this year seeing as we're the last ones doing the spec. I honestly have just started revision. I'm betting on my short term memory for this.
    I'm so screwed....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    What do you think a possible 6 mark question on volcanoes would be?
    could be about primary/secondary impact, or could be comparing impacts in LEDC/MEDC

ReputationRep:
    Yes i would be interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)
    Yes i would be interested
    is there a particular topic you would like? I don't do rivers or extreme environments so sorry if this applies to you

ReputationRep:
    I do geography b, coasts and urban

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)
    I do geography b, coasts and urban
    Do you want all the topics I have then?

ReputationRep:
    yes please thank you very muh.

ReputationRep:
    e.g. For a named volcanic eruption event, outline the primary and secondary impacts.

Example:

Named example: Soufriere Hills volcanic eruption, Montserrat 1995-1997.
    For the volcanic eruption that occurred at the Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat between 1995 and 1997 there were many primary and secondary impacts. The volcano is a composite volcano, meaning the lava erupted was viscous and explosive and there was a pyroclastic flow.
    The primary impacts were that 2/3 of the island was covered in volcanic ash and 23 people were killed as a result of volcanic ash and pyroclastic flow. Also, ½ of the island migrated to the North and the capital Plymouth was left as a ghost town. In addition, ports and airports closed and hospitals and schools were destroyed.
    The secondary impacts were that people endured harsh living conditions in the north. Also, ports and airports remained closed and tourism declined, with a few people only visiting to see the volcano. In addition, many people emigrated and the population declined by 8,000 from 12,000 to 4,000. Finally, a positive impact was that the volcanic ash improved the soil fertility, which increased the farmland productivity.

Hope this helps, good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mairossanna)
    I've so far today created an all inclusive, note form revision guide for restless earth... would anyone be interested in it? It has everything you need to know for restless earth. Also if anyone has a particular unit they would like me to create Ill do that today too?
    Yes please! Have you covered coasts and extreme environments?

ReputationRep:
    could be about primary/secondary impact, or could be comparing impacts in LEDC/MEDC
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattBassett99)
    e.g. For a named volcanic eruption event, outline the primary and secondary impacts.

Example:

Named example: Soufriere Hills volcanic eruption, Montserrat 1995-1997.
    For the volcanic eruption that occurred at the Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat between 1995 and 1997 there were many primary and secondary impacts. The volcano is a composite volcano, meaning the lava erupted was viscous and explosive and there was a pyroclastic flow.
    The primary impacts were that 2/3 of the island was covered in volcanic ash and 23 people were killed as a result of volcanic ash and pyroclastic flow. Also, ½ of the island migrated to the North and the capital Plymouth was left as a ghost town. In addition, ports and airports closed and hospitals and schools were destroyed.
    The secondary impacts were that people endured harsh living conditions in the north. Also, ports and airports remained closed and tourism declined, with a few people only visiting to see the volcano. In addition, many people emigrated and the population declined by 8,000 from 12,000 to 4,000. Finally, a positive impact was that the volcanic ash improved the soil fertility, which increased the farmland productivity.

Hope this helps, good luck for tomorrow!
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite scared about this exam... I done the 2014/2015 papers for practice and judging by those, I think this year might be difficult Though, from the year 2013 down, the papers were actually quite easy!!! It was only until 2014, the questions just became increasingly harder in my opinion..

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any predictions based on past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Here are some compact, note-form revision guides I have spent all afternoon making:
    Restless Earth: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...L5vHXQV3mSqJBE
    Changing Climate: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...KpqNmcVsb_sENo
    Battle of the Biosphere: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...H28XfuP_-0BbvA
    Water World: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...JqEh1dbHCYm_DE
    Coastal change and Conflict: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...GfXNeen21LHjIk
    Oceans on the Edge: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...B_T0rTGmPqu_Rg

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I've made a bunch of comprehensive revision guides for the 6 topics, go here if you want them!

ReputationRep:
    I've so far today created an all inclusive, note form revision guide for restless earth... would anyone be interested in it? It has everything you need to know for restless earth. Also if anyone has a particular unit they would like me to create Ill do that today too?
    Can you please send me? It would be greatly appreciated. Edit: never mind thanks!

ReputationRep:
    predictions please!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any 6 marker predictions for comsuming resources, battle of the biosphere and water world?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.