Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    My problem with this is how will it be done? Also, I think a lot of people who use dogs in fights won't register for this. Not to many the amount of strays on the streets, its a good idea but how will the application be?
    I would say (though my views on this are fairly extreme) shoot the dog if it is not properly registered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I would say (though my views on this are fairly extreme) shoot the dog if it is not properly registered.
    Oh. Does this apply to any dog that is not registered?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Oh. Does this apply to any dog that is not registered?
    Some common sense should be applied but in theory yes.

(It's not my motion though so BL may have another solution.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Some common sense should be applied but in theory yes.

(It's not my motion though so BL may have another solution.)
    Ah. Well if shooting is in the main bill, I oppose that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nay.

It may be surprisingly libertarian of me but i consider this suggestion to be overkill, expensive, beaurocratic and unnecessary intrusion in peoples lives.

In cases where dogs are dangerous then yes, but there should be no obligation for a 60 year old pensioner to have her arthritic 15 year old poodle registered. Indeed, i fully support the postal service simply refusing to deliver to homes with dogs or instructing owners to get an american style thing in the garden/send it to the local post office.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nay.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This motion is in cessation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This motion has been withdrawn.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.