Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    Question 1 was geology, we hadn't learnt about the formation of sedimentary rocks or revised it in physics, and the parallax question was like P7! In P1 it's supposed to be qualitative only, there shouldn't be parallax calculations. I found the whole thing difficult.

It was in Physics, atleast it was in the CGP books and parallax DOES come up in P1 as well. Overall, I can see why it would be difficult for a lot of people but I just found it quite easy when I understood the question. I know I got the parallax wrong because I forgot it was indirectly proportional however my calculations ensure I will get at-least a mark in each of the answers I put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christina121)
    Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)
    I put ACB because that made the most sense to me, what did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devvvv)
    I put ACB because that made the most sense to me, what did you put?
    I put ACB as well. I measured the sankey diagrams as two had the same efficiency so I knew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiquismiquis)
    That was my worst exam so far! I was starting to trust OCR with reasonable C123 and B123 exams this year, but nope... Most of my answers were guesswork
    at least I wasn't the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightly)
    I put ACB as well. I measured the sankey diagrams as two had the same efficiency so I knew.
    haha I did this too

ReputationRep:
    It was in Physics, atleast it was in the CGP books and parallax DOES come up in P1 as well.
    I know parallax is in P1 but I thought it was only supposed to be explanation rather than calculations.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember their answer for the parallax question?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me ANY of their answers that they can remember... especially the maths and tick box questions. Ive completely failed and I need some reassurance that I can still make up the marks

ReputationRep:
    I put 8.8 light years and 0.148 seconds of arc for the parallax questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christina121)
    Was I the only one who put CBA? I know a lot of people in my school did

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear I put CBA a reflection of how I felt in the exam to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    Do you know how many marks that was, I know I definitely got that one wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    I also put this, good to know I might have a chance with some of the maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kish9600)
    Ah thought it was just me, I put CBA
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    I also put 0.148, and I'm pretty sure I put 8.8 for the other one.

For the speed of waves I got 8 km/s and 4 km/s, can't remember the order.

For the checkbox questions that was like "Which two statements explain why certain types of radiation damage cells" I put the one that said something about certain radiation types having a high frequency, and the other one saying if the frequency is great enough then cells are damaged. Can't remember exactly, but it was that sort of thing.

For that second six marker on room planning for the bit where it asks you to calculate appropriate power for the light, I got something around 300w, what did anyone else get?

In the other bit of the same six marker where it said "explain why there is a minimum light level in buildings" I put "to ensure all areas of the room are adequately lit up", not sure if it was right, what did you guys put?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got that answer too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KomradeKorbyn)

For the checkbox questions that was like "Which two statements explain why certain types of radiation damage cells" I put the one that said something about certain radiation types having a high frequency, and the other one saying if the frequency is great enough then cells are damaged. Can't remember exactly, but it was that sort of thing.

For that second six marker on room planning for the bit where it asks you to calculate appropriate power for the light, I got something around 300w, what did anyone else get?

In the other bit of the same six marker where it said "explain why there is a minimum light level in buildings" I put "to ensure all areas of the room are adequately lit up", not sure if it was right, what did you guys put?

I got the same answers for you in those questions, I got CBA on the sankey diagram question but most people here seem to have ACB?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how many marks that was, I know I definitely got that one wrong
    (Original post by tiquismiquis)
    I also put this, good to know I might have a chance with some of the maths
    I think it may have been one mark and two marks, or maybe 2 and 2

Yes I was very doubtful of my answers but if other people are getting them too then that makes me a bit more confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KomradeKorbyn)

Sounds about right for most of them. You seem smart with a good memory for most of them, can you recall any other answers you got?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.