Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been robbed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    Have you been broken into? Burgled? Mugged? Scammed?

Share your story. (If you want to).
    1. had a half ounce curb bracelet stolen OFF OF MY WRIST while i slept that i got for my 18th birthday(unrecovered)
    2. had a stock safe stolen from me with £15,000 of uninsured stock in it (recovered)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    1. had a half ounce curb bracelet stolen OFF OF MY WRIST while i slept that i got for my 18th birthday(unrecovered)
    2. had a stock safe stolen from me with £15,000 of uninsured stock in it (recovered)
    My parents had about £4000 in cash taken from their bedside table while they were sleeping. I didn't hear a thing, I was in the next room cleaning my rifle (NOT a euphemism, it wasn't that part of the night. :P). He never came into my room, we didn't even know we'd been robbed until we went to pay for dinner that night and all the cash was gone from my parents' wallets. Explains how the cat got out. Lucky escape for him, but also possibly a lucky escape for me too, knowing how complex the law is.

ReputationRep:
    My runescape account was hacked
    keyloggers pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    apparently this one night, someone broke into my house and walked around the living room until someone in my house woke up and went down which scared them away
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i say ''someone'' cos they werent my relative, i used to live in a massive house where my family and our employees live together

You must be well rich
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    You must be well rich
    not really, my family only have a ocuple of millions to live on

ReputationRep:
    not really, my family only have a ocuple of millions to live on

I feel so poor now.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    my heart has been robbed :moon:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

ReputationRep:
    No. But my mum has. The police in this country are stupid. Or maybe I'm just making an example of one particular case. Response times need to be faster.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    i cri evrytim :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khana123)
    No. But my mum has. The police in this country are stupid. Or maybe I'm just making an example of one particular case. Response times need to be faster.

Most if tsr would agree that our policemen and police women do a fantastic job, and we have the best police force in the world.

They're not paid enough for the service that they provide us, as citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Most if tsr would agree that our policemen and police women do a fantastic job, and we have the best police force in the world.

They're not paid enough for the service that they provide us, as citizens.
    Agreed. My boyfriend's dad works with the police and he says that they're understaffed, underpaid and lacking the resources they need to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Gvt cuts have taken a lot out of policing.

Anyway, in comparison with the cops in America I'd say our policemen and women are incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    My parents had about £4000 in cash taken from their bedside table while they were sleeping. I didn't hear a thing, I was in the next room cleaning my rifle (NOT a euphemism, it wasn't that part of the night. :P). He never came into my room, we didn't even know we'd been robbed until we went to pay for dinner that night and all the cash was gone from my parents' wallets. Explains how the cat got out. Lucky escape for him, but also possibly a lucky escape for me too, knowing how complex the law is.
    i know who committed my first one unfortunately it impossible to secure a conviction the second will secure a conviction as the crooks were caught red handed
    your's went unprosecuted by the sounds of things

ReputationRep:
    been robbed at gun point before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i know who committed my first one unfortunately it impossible to secure a conviction the second will secure a conviction as the crooks were caught red handed
    your's went unprosecuted by the sounds of things
    Oh yeah never found him. Came in, went out, right past my door without me even noticing. There was AC installed throughout the house which I suppose makes it harder to hear things from outside when the fans are blowing all night long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    deep :-(

ReputationRep:
    Nope

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    x
    you are the dankest memester *___*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, gold jewellery and car and still haven't found either of them. The robbery took place two years ago :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, 2 years ago. Me and my mum went to drop my brother off at his tuition session (took 30-45 mins), when we came back the whole house was upside down and they stole so much. Money, my mums gold, my iPod -_- but they took so much money, wherever it was laying about. They even broke into my piggy bank :cry2:

It was horrible, my whole space had been invaded. I felt really violated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmaramena)
    my parents had about £4000 in cash taken from their bedside table while they were sleeping. I didn't hear a thing, i was in the next room cleaning my rifle (not a euphemism, it wasn't that part of the night. ). He never came into my room, we didn't even know we'd been robbed until we went to pay for dinner that night and all the cash was gone from my parents' wallets. Explains how the cat got out. Lucky escape for him, but also possibly a lucky escape for me too, knowing how complex the law is.
    hahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.