Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How common are mental health issues amongst teens? Watch

(Original post by selvisin)
    I know that in my school, a lot of girls suffer from depression/anxiety/eating disorders.
    Is it the same where you are?
    just the girls? wba the boys

s/o sadboiz

Well i suffer from social anxiety never had a girl friend

all the girls in college look at me in tht way like they want me lol but i cant approach them .I dno back in the day when i was in yr 6-yr10 i cud talk to any girl i would have so many girl friends but now i dnt knw whts happened.

My face goes red wen i speak 2 strangers even men lost confidence. I dno wht 2 do .

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I know a few people that suffer from mental health problems, including myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    just the girls? wba the boys

s/o sadboiz
    Well I go to a girls school, so no boys by default. But yes, boys do tend to suffer in silence when it comes to mental health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Well, they say that something like 1 in 4 people have some sort of mental health problem; so it's not that much of a surprise, really.
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Wow?! That's a huge amount of people.
    it's actually a lot higher than that most internal estimates are 50-60% suffering at least low level issues
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my mother works for MIND

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.