Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people follow others? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrControversial)
    Path of least resistance, canary.
    lol electricity?
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    I follow the hot girls so their faces appear at the bottom of my screen :sexface:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk don't get the restraining order out
    o.o pdeo much?(yes i purposely spelt it wrong)
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I've never really seen the appeal. Maybe because I'm not really interested in anyone's posts enough to want to follow them.
    i guess but you got like 5x more followers than me but tbh i've never followed anyone xD

(Original post by thefatone)
    Lol if all the peeps who followed me had similar ideas as i did, tsr would be destroyed in a matter of minutes
    haha definitely not helpful(sometimes i am though :O)

ah right, well following no-one means i don't see anyone posting then.....

right

oh? you sure?

but you can get all the girlies if you got 12 gems
    :innocent:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Me too, mainly people follow me for my infinitive wisdom and charm,
    Ofc lovely , I can't hide anymore :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Lmao hardly anyone has their face as their avatars anymore tho so
    my avatar definitely isn't my face :angelwings:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    :innocent:

Ofc lovely , I can't hide anymore :mmm:
    Aww! :hugs: I never used to follow people back but I guess sometimes I feel mean if they follow me and I don't follow back.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Decisions hurt people. Thinking hurts people.

Often by following others you don't have to make as many decisions. You lose control over things that can affect you negatively (and positively).

For many people thinking is painful. It's much easier to follow someone else and let them make the decision. Be it a boss, a teacher and so on. Very few people are cut out to be leaders (or shepherds).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Decisions hurt people. Thinking hurts people.

Often by following others you don't have to make as many decisions. You lose control over things that can affect you negatively (and positively).

For many people thinking is painful. It's much easier to follow someone else and let them make the decision. Be it a boss, a teacher and so on. Very few people are cut out to be leaders (or shepherds).
    I'm definitely not a rolemodel for others...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm definitely not a rolemodel for others...
    Role models and leaders are not the same thing.

Look at Hitler? Good role model? Not really. Good leader? Most definitely (went from nothing to a huge leader, great public speaker and so on).

If anything leaders can't be excellent role models. Because if they were everyone would copy them and you'd have no sheep.

ReputationRep:
    lol electricity?

o.o pdeo much?(yes i purposely spelt it wrong)

i guess but you got like 5x more followers than me but tbh i've never followed anyone xD
    If you walk through a field of tall grass, you push it down making it easier for the next person.

If you need to cross a dangerous piece of land then best to send one person first to establish a safe path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

Look at Hitler? Good role model? Not really. Good leader? Most definitely (went from nothing to a huge leader, great public speaker and so on).

If anything leaders can't be excellent role models. Because if they were everyone would copy them and you'd have no sheep.

I disagree, on being a great leader

Aww! :hugs: I never used to follow people back but I guess sometimes I feel mean if they follow me and I don't follow back.
    Well I follow people back most of th time xD so I defo follow people :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

i see, in anycase i'm neither
    If you walk through a field of tall grass, you push it down making it easier for the next person.

If you need to cross a dangerous piece of land then best to send one person first to establish a safe path.
    makes sense
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I disagree, on being a great leader
    I'm certainly not saying he did good stuff or anything. But you can't rely deny that he was a good leader. If he was a truly poor leader then he would not have taken over Germany and started another world war.

I wouldn't describe his choices as a leader as particularly exemplary. But he went from being a sheep to being a leader, despite being a generally poor role model. Which was the entire point of my post.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    61 people are following you. So I do believe that qualifies you to be a little bit of both.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Well I follow people back most of th time xD so I defo follow people :ninja:
    Aww me too, you have a **** ton of followers! It's like 10x most people's follower count lol.

ReputationRep:

makes sense
    It does and it's annoying when people follow me. I find farting profusely is a good remedy. Especially when people follow me into the train carriage, the lift, etc. I hate that the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    61 people are following you. So I do believe that qualifies you to be a little bit of both.
    ik but a lot of them are just random accounts
    It does and it's annoying when people follow me. I find farting profusely is a good remedy. Especially when people follow me into the train carriage, the lift, etc. I hate that the most.
    i hate when ppl follow me too it make me think of them suspiciously
    lol i just fart without care, just let it out when i comes, i ain't holdin in that ****, i got ill once from holding it in so much

Aww me too, you have a **** ton of followers! It's like 10x most people's follower count lol.
    Not 10x times :mmm: but yeah sometimes random people just follow me :confused:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    most confused part is that I follow random people back :ninja:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Not 10x times :mmm: but yeah sometimes random people just follow me :confused:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    most confused part is that I follow random people back :ninja:
    I think it is 10x as most people have like 20 followers and sometimes I follow random people, don't know who they are but they end up beating me in reps and followers once they get addicted on here haha.

I think it is 10x as most people have like 20 followers and sometimes I follow random people, don't know who they are but they end up beating me in reps and followers once they get addicted on here haha.
    Aw you gotta be right :mmm:

The addiction is real :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Aw you gotta be right :mmm:

The addiction is real :cry2:
    Gotta get rehab treatment for this, it's too much.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.