Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best life lesson you've learnt thus far? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Life. Goes. On

ReputationRep:
    When life gives you lemons, try not to bleed into the lemon juice.
    Knives are not for clumsy idiots like me.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The best life lesson I've learnt is that no one cares.

That sounds harsh at first, but I came to the realisation that no one (a part from maybe celebrities) is under as much intense scrutiny from other people as they lead themselves to believe.

It means that you're free to make mistakes, free to say the wrong things, free to make the wrong choices as long as you learn from them because no one exists solely to put you down and nitpick at all the missteps you've made in life.

When I came to that realisation, I felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    Bros b4 .....
    Family before everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just accept who you are. If you're unhappy with yourself, how can you ever be happy with anything else?

I love me.

ReputationRep:
    Never put effort and time to those who don't do the same

ReputationRep:
    - Trust no one
    - No one gives a **** about you... except your Mum maybe
    - Your feelings don't matter to anyone and people who claim to be there for you aren't and hate it when you tell them about your problems
    - You need to know when to let certain people and certain things go
    - Life is short and fragile as **** so handle with care
    - Don't bother chasing your dreams... cos reality has already ****ed you over before you even start
    - You can't change the rules of the game
    - It ALWAYS gets worse... unless you pull that stick out of your ass and do something about it
    - You're just a number in a rough estimate of some statistic and nothing more
    - Nothing matters really. For millions of years people have come and gone, and no one's talking about Alice's great great great great great grandmother's A level results so who ****ing cares what happens just make the most of your time so when your time comes you don't regret anything.

ReputationRep:
    Giving a **** takes too much effort. If you allow yourself to not give a ****, life will be so much kinder to you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People come and go but you just have to give them something to remember you by.

And you should always love yourself (and others), follow your heart and aim to be happy!

ReputationRep:
    Don't care so much about things you can't control.

Don't criticize people, you would probably do the same thing in their circumstances, put your energy into understanding them instead.

And most of all, just try to think as hard as you can before you do anything stupid or when you get your feelings hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you need to sacrifice what you are for what you will become.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the center of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    You should chase your dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Never get too attached to something or someone too quickly because you'll just end up disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    I'm not the center of the universe.
    well technicalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so depressing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    one thing you sometimes forget is, no matter how hard your day, no matter how tough your choices, how complex your ethical decisions, you always get to choose what you have for lunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    one thing you sometimes forget is, no matter how hard your day, no matter how tough your choices, how complex your ethical decisions, you always get to choose what you have for lunch.
    not necessarily if the only thing in the fridge is dhaal

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.