Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexbacon98)
    I have a feeling they'll probably pick an easier study i.e. Loftus and Palmer when it comes to results with a couple of harder ones i.e. Savage-Rumbaugh.

I hope to god observation isn't in the 12 marker though, anything else is fine I guess - just need to do better than a C this time.
    Me too, but if you want I can help with giving strengths and weaknesses of observations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyDance)
    Me too, but if you want I can help with giving strengths and weaknesses of observations?
    Yes please! Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy12368)
    Yes please! Haha
    Strengths would include: gathering large amounts of qualitative data, if they are unaware that they're being studied demand characteristics is unlikely to occur, high ecological validity if being observed in a natural environment

Weaknesses would include: not controlled so its harder to repliacate, hence its unreliable, if they know they're being observed the demand characteristics can occur lowering the validity, biased if they misinterpret what they saw

ReputationRep:
    This happened in 2014, with lab experiments for cognitive approach- they didn't want you to use savage instead they wanted Samuel and Bryant along with griffiths, so if you think of a study which goes along with the curveball definitely use it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexbacon98)
    I have a feeling they'll probably pick an easier study i.e. Loftus and Palmer when it comes to results with a couple of harder ones i.e. Savage-Rumbaugh.

I hope to god observation isn't in the 12 marker though, anything else is fine I guess - just need to do better than a C this time.
    same It was my last exam last year after a full week of them the week before. I was so tired and ill and wasn't thinking straight. I got a C and was so close to a B just need to increase my UMS overall.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.