Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Brushing, flossing, washing my hair, shaving the regular bits, and general bathing is enough self-maintenance for me. If I were to start doing anything else my life would be nothing but an ever repeating cycle of pulling bits off and sticking bits on. I'm a person, not a craft kit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicky.m)
    it's partly a myth. it doesn't grow back thicker, the razor just frays the end of the hair and makes it appear thicker. although, even with this knowledge, it scares me lmao
    Ohh wow that makes sense! I never knew 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Same
    yay
    (Original post by Alexion)
    gr8 input m8
    it got removed

this is the beginning of the end of my account it seems :/
    it's been a long time since my post was removed -.-
    it was good post though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRosesBloom)
    Exactly!!!

It really depends on the type of hair you have. When I shave my legs they get stubbly when they start to grow back?!
    That's because hairs have tapered ends. If you shave you're slicing the top off thus it feels thicker.

ReputationRep:
    shave that **** im excited to see girls walkin around with that full beard

ReputationRep:
    Lol nope! I know some youtubers do this and recommend others to do so too! If you normally have light, fine facial hair then doing this is not a bad idea... however, if you have darker facial hair and it's not so fine, definitely don't do it! Unless you want to end up with a beard. Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly, but it will make your facial hair look darker and coarser and much more noticeable!
    Yeah that's what I thought-I have quite dark hair on my face-I'm a brunnette-so I am not sure if I should try it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun)
    Yeah that's what I thought-I have quite dark hair on my face-I'm a brunnette-so I am not sure if I should try it...
    Me too, I strongly recommend you don't!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to shave?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Natural beauty is the way to go

ReputationRep:
    I do it and I felt embarrassed about it till you made this thread so thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think you need a more expensive foundation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    i like using a lawn mower it's more effective
    This reminds me of the Happening.

ReputationRep:
    I wish a girl I kissed when I was 15 did.
    That facial hair caught me off-guard.

ReputationRep:
    well guys, In a nut shell we can defiantly say that shaving your face is a bad idea, unless you want to look like Hagrid. On the other hand you get a nice soft face.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I just moisturise to make my skin soft.

ReputationRep:
    few of my female mates who wax their face have hair growing back thicker than they did before they waxed it .... I wouldn't shave either in case it grows back like how it does on males, despite others saying it doesn't I wouldn't risk it as we all have different body types.

Threading is good ive heard .
    Not to sound racist but white females are lucky since their hair colour is either blonde or matches their skin colour where as asians/ethnic minorities have black hair which is much more visible on their skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly!!!

It really depends on the type of hair you have. When I shave my legs they get stubbly when they start to grow back?!
    your not alone lol

ReputationRep:
    i use fibre on my faceand braun shaver to my body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I do it and I felt embarrassed about it till you made this thread so thank you!
    It's really not bad like people are saying is it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    the beautician at the waxing salon told me that shaving was really bad for you (
    Definitely no conflict of interests there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Definitely no conflict of interests there.
    That may be true but my grandmother told me as well xx
    Plus I'm bad at shaving last time I did I cut my leg really badly :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.